Thread: ChevronWP7 for Windows phone 7

ChevronWP7 for Windows phone 7

I hope that most of you heard about a small service for windows phone 7 called ChevronWP7. Does anyone try this thing? Is there anyone who had luck with this service? I've tried the whole thing I can believe of except I continue receiving the connection error message. I have been trying to unlock or jailbreak my phone but it seems to me that I am missing something.

Re: ChevronWP7 for Windows phone 7

If you're coming across a connection error
    • Attempt download / install the following registry key along with restart your system afterward attempt over again
    • [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ windows phone \ proxy ports]
    • "DeviceReg" = dword: 000069C5
    • Try disconnecting, reconnecting as well as restarting the mobile phone
    • Try closing as well as restarting the "Zune Windows Mobile Connectivity Service"
    • Close whichever apps that may be utilizing port 443, for example Skype otherwise Trillian
    • Please make sure your phone has a "full sync" through the Zune client connection, not a "guest" association
    • Minimum OS supported: Windows XP SP2

On the dedicated website, the three authors indicate that ChevronWP7 not intended to facilitate or permit the installation of fraudulently paid applications from the Microsoft Marketplace. The tool will also not compromise the protection associated with the installation files XAP.

ChevronWP7 is an application that unlocks Windows 7 Phone, allowing it to accept applications outside of the Marketplace Journal. How to jailbreak the iPhone, the black market could push the adoption of applications for new terminals with Microsoft OS.

The release allows side loading untried apps that might not otherwise be available on the Marketplace, like those that access the local APIs, otherwise private. They have developed an easy executable that will let everybody to unlock whichever device on the market by the use of a WP7 USB cable and a pair of clicks. “This tool as well permits you to return your mobile phone to its inventive state, i.e., lock it. This solution does not influence in whichever way than before reported, and afterward the countermeasures to be taken by Microsoft to curb this jailbreak will be of dissimilar nature.

To perform the jailbreak you need to connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable and start the Zune software. Now run the file. ChevronWP7 exe and unlock the terminal program led by a few clicks, thanks to an intuitive interface and very clear. ChevronWP7 can be downloaded for free from their official website. Obviously, the procedure is not authorized by Microsoft and will invalidate the warranty implies the possibility of jeopardizing the functionality of your phone. Currently there are no apps out of the Marketplace to install, but just wait a few days.

There's always the chance that something will go wrong, with repercussions on the warranty. The application is compatible with Windows operating systems from XP SP2 onwards. For now, in the blog comments on which the application is located, it seems that the problems of the first releases are really so many, why not recommend gambling.

According to Microsoft, ChevronWP7.updater incorrectly used undocumented APIs to perform the updates, changing the devices so that "could" not continue to receive updates in the future. On the positive side, Microsoft recognizes and understands the interest of users to upgrade their phones as soon as possible, so at least we hope they can find a solution for people who have already used the software in question and that "may" (a word key) run into problems.

ChevronWP7 cannot hack MarketPlace apps, and the authors have expressed very strongly against piracy in general. The goal is to enable those who wish not to wait until Microsoft endorses the apps or install personal creations for special purposes.

Be careful though, because the absolute ChevronWP7 allows the use of applications based on APIs that are either private or native. But in both cases, the API should not be used to validate applications. There is also the same kind of conditions for the next Apple App Store. This means that applications written in this way can potentially affect your phone so much deeper than those found on the official MarketPlace.

This tool release could give a positive impetus to the spread of the new OS of Microsoft. In fact, despite being used on different brands of smartphones, the first day of the U.S. market has sold only 40,000 devices: a very small number, compared to 270,000 to 200,000 iPhone and Android, in the face of advertising onerous. Jailbreak for Windows 7 Phone is able to provide access to the registry, load and use code produced by third parties managed by the operating system.