Thread: Samsung focus: how to unlock the SD card?

Samsung focus: how to unlock the SD card?

I am using the 8GB A-DATA SD card in my Samsung focus, and this is working fine in the phone. But I am having problem with the same SD card when I try to use this one in the other Samsung focus. Ever it gives error when I try to connect this card with my laptop using the card reader. This gives error that SD card not recognized while I am trying for formatting this card or trying to make the partition in this card. But when I reinsert the SD card back to my phone, it works fine. Here I want to know that why this all things are happening and also I would like to know that is my card has get locked by my phone only. If so then please suggest me some way to unlock that card and use it in the other mobile phones or in the computer to transfer the data. Also how can I make it to detect on the computer.

Re: Samsung focus: how to unlock the SD card?

for making the partition on your Samsung focus SD card, I will suggest you to do the following steps:
    • First insert your card to the card reader and then connect to your computer.
    • When it get connected to the computer then right click on the computer and select to manage
    • And form the list select the card, and here you can delete the partition and make the new partition according to you.
    • Hope that after following these steps you are able to format you SD card in the windows 7.

Hey, I tried with your suggestion. But while connecting that card to my system I found that computer is not detecting my card. My window 7 is saying that no media, and also it say that card is locked. So here I think that I have to unlock my card using the phone only and after that I can connect my card to the windows 7. Btu I had also tried with that and this thing is also not working in my case.

You are saying that there are some problem with your card reader but here let me tell you that, I have tried with so many other card in this card reader, and all are working fine in that one. So here I don’t think that this problem is due to my card reader. Here I am thinking that there also happens that windows is not able to recognize my card so that it is giving error that no media inserted. Can anyone is using the same card and they are able to connect that card with the windows? Is so then suggest me that how they do this thing.

I think that Microsoft has already tested the all type of the SD card and have the definition to detect them on your system. But still you are not able to connect with the system then think that there is some problem in the card reader only. Because you are saying the your card is working fine in your phone and it is not working only in your comport. So here I will suggest you that try the same with the different card reader and hope that it will help you to detect the SD card. After trying with the different card reader report over here that it is working fine or still having the same problem?

I am in the same condition as you are in. in my case, nothing can read my SD card except my Nokia n97. When I try to use this card in my Nokia n97, it tells that card is locked and it ask me for the correct password. But in my case, when I connect it to my laptop using the card reader, it also ask me to enter the correct password and after that I went to the file manager and try to format over there and the card is formatted and then it get back to the normal mode. But I am not getting that what is happening in your case? But here also I can suggest you one thing that when your card ask for the password at that time go to the file manager and try to format the card over there. Hope this will help in your case.

Here, if you are sure that your card is locked by your phone then I would like to suggest you that try to unlock the card using the other phone which support your SD card. I am suggesting you this thing because, I was also having the same problem and I resolve my problem using the Nokia E71 to unlock the SD card. And after unlocking I get it back working in the HTC EVO. If you know that how to unlock the card using the phone then try to do as I have suggest you. I am sure that this will also works on your case.

Here, if you are sure that your card is locked by your phone then I would like to suggest you that try to unlock the card using the other phone which support your SD card. I am suggesting you this thing because, I was also having the same problem and I resolve my problem using the Nokia E71 to unlock the SD card. And after unlocking I get it back working in the HTC EVO. If you know that how to unlock the card using the phone then try to do as I have suggest you. I am sure that this will also works on your case.

hey thanks a lot for the reply. i am trying with your suggestion and i am getting good results while using your suggestion. now i am able to unlock the SD card by using my phone only.

I also have some suggestion that how to unlock the SD card in the Samsung focus. here, you are saying that you have tried this SD card in your computer for formatting but you found that your computer is giving error that no media is inserted, so there will the case that your card reader is not working with your card. so try with the different SD card readers. And also you are saying that your cared is also not working in the other phones except your phone, so I would like to say over here that it also might happens in this case that the other cell phones are not supporting your SD card. try with the similar phone and tell me back.