Thread: How to find the revision of Samsung focus except battery method?

How to find the revision of Samsung focus except battery method?

I have recently bought a Samsung focus mobile phone. It is not a brand new instead I have got it from my friend. It is a used phone. Sim is unlocked. I am having Update-7390 on my phone. My friend told me to replace the battery of the phone. I want to know the version of the phone. I am not sure and I want to confirm it myself. Is there any other way to determine whether the phone is rev 1.3 or rev 1.4? I have heard that downgrade only works on rev 1.3. Is this true? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to find the revision of Samsung focus except battery method?

I think that the battery has nothing to do with this because revision # is printed on a label underneath the battery. So I would suggest you to take the battery out and then have a look. I have read in many forums that Revision 1.4 phones are not capable of receiving 7390 NoDo update. So I assume that your phone is not rev 1.4. It is most likely rev 1.3 or earlier. I hope this helps.

I have a focus from rogers and I could not find anything that is like rev or revision under the battery. I took the battery out and had a look but the only items that I found that were listed are model FCC ID, IC, IMEI, S/N, UPC.

Well first of all yes that downgrade only works on rev 1.3. You can find out from the codes. I would say that type ##634# in dialer and enter *#32489#. Then press the back button on the screen 4 times until you see this, debug screen, version information. I hope you understand what I mean.