Thread: Unable to switch from 3G to EDGE in Samsung Focus

Unable to switch from 3G to EDGE in Samsung Focus

Hello friends, I am having the problem with the Samsung Focus, whereas I was not using the phone for the longer time, as I have use the phone for some while. But, that is not the exact problem I am having the other problem which is that I am never enable to switch from 3G to EDGE (Enhanced Data for Global Evolution), well when there is no 3G coverage and also I have no bars of the coverage, but it do not switch to EDGE. As at my place, I have a little which is equally no to the 3G coverage, but I get amazing EDGE coverage at my place. The problem with the edge is that it is killing battery of my phone. Does anybody is also facing this issue with their phone. Please suggest me what should I do to solve the issue of the switching from one network to another. Thank you.

Re: Unable to switch from 3G to EDGE in Samsung Focus

I think you try to contact the network provider of your phone, and ask them the solution to solve the problem and also you will be to get the solution for the problem.

I think it might some type of the fault with the SIM card which you are using it on your phone. You can try to find the problem by changing the SIM on your phone, such that you take some other carrier SIM and inserted into the phone and you insert the SIM which is having the 3G connection on that number also. When you inserted the SIM then you can check that you are getting the same problem over there or not, if you are getting then it is the problem in the SIM card or you are not able to connect to the either of the connection, so you can check it.

I am also using the same phone and I am not getting the problem, I think you should contact the network provider and you might get the problem solved by them.

There is no fault of the phone, this type of the problem is mainly due to the network which you are using might not be proper or something which is been related to it, so you would better go to the network provider service center and get this problem solved by them, as they might be able to solve the problem of yours. There might be some sort of the problem in the SIM card which you are using it, so if you go over there and just get it checked then you might be able to get the new SIM card in which you might not face the problem of the switching from one network to another.

You can try to do the format of the phone, as there be some sort of the phone which is creating the problem to you, so do a format of the phone and then it might worked for you and also you will be able to switch the phone.

You should try to do the formatting the phone, as the formatting the phone will be able to work and I think the problem which you are getting might be solved, as some of the above users has told you to do and you can try the method which the other users has told you to do. You should try all the method and get it done your phone and you might be able to get connect on the both the network which you were trying to do it.

You should try to contact the network providing company, as it is something related to that, otherwise there is no such problem in the phone and also the phone is great to use on the 3G and EDGE.