Thread: How do updates work on Samsung Focus?

How do updates work on Samsung Focus?

Hello friends, I have recently purchased the Samsung Focus v.1.3 and it is be unlocked from the AT&T. I stay in Europe and I use the Vodafone as my carrier network for the phone. Well I was unclear that how updates work, as I have currently updated the phone to 7390 using Zune desktop application. Well I know that the updates are been delivered by the carrier itself and also the AT&T doesn't have delivered the 7392 update for Samsung Focus v.1.3 phone. But, in this case of using the phone by Zune, should not get the updates which are been be available for the phone. So please tell how it works on the phone, Thanks in advance to the entire user for the suggestion and the reply you will give to me.

Re: How do updates work on Samsung Focus?

I think you have to do some editing to get the update, as you have taken from another carrier and you are suing other carrier, so I think you have to edit something in the phone to get the update. I think you will be able to find it on the internet for the phone.

Well my friend, you have to do some changes in the coding of the phone so what to do I can tell you and after that you will be able to get the update on the phone, so you can go to the

HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\MobileOperator

As you go into that then edit it and in its place of "ATT-US" (which was the original carrier) leave blank, as do this then you will get an update on the phone, so then you can update the phone. Well I have did it and I am using the Samsung Focus v1.3, as it was originally on the AT&T same like yours. Well after the update you can go back to your old to the original carrier.

I think you have to wait for the carrier to release the update for the phone, as besides the waiting for the carrier to release you can do it. So wait for the update to be released on the air.

I think that the phone is not receiving the updates since the carrier has yet not released it for the Samsung Focus v1.3. But, the Microsoft has released it for all other unbranded phones and if you are also the unbranded phone, such that modify the registry as the above user has suggested you to do, then the phone will get the Microsoft update instead of the AT&T update. Well there are two minor differences in AT&T / MS (Microsoft) updates which is that the main bonus is you can update to the Mango operating system. So you can get the update on the phone.

You will get the update on the phone, as the Microsoft launches the update then after that the carriers launches the updates for the users using the carrier and also the same OS on the phone.

Actually my friend the updates are mostly approaching from the Microsoft but the carriers are responsible for the phone's updates, services, warrantees, and quality etc. of the phone. So the carrier will be the ones who will be actually releasing the update, if you are using the phone which is branded by the carrier. Actually this is been done to avoid the possible issues such as the customer service the carrier need to do it even if it's having a potential OS problem. But mostly update comes from MS and also it is been applied on the unbranded phones. Well the carriers even modify the update to include some specific features on the phone, so the user will be able to get the good function to use.

I think you might have got the answer for the question which you were having with related to phone updates. You will be able to get the updates on the phones, as the carrier releases it for the users.

You will be able to get the update for your phone and also you have to wait for the carrier company to release the update for the users of its, so I would suggest to wait for some time, and if you are using the branded phone then you will be able to get the updates on the phone and also you will be able to update the phone to the latest and best application which is there on the update, so the ultimate answer is to wait and let the carrier company release the update for the phone.

You can download the update for the phone which is there on the internet and also you will be able to get the update from your phone, and you also get the update on the phone if you branded phone.