Thread: No sound for Alarm in my Samsung Focus

No sound for Alarm in my Samsung Focus

Currently, I am using a Samsung Focus, everything is fine with this phone. But, I have a serious issue with its alarm sound. Even if I put the alarm volume on high then also I never get any sound from my phone when alarm goes off. The screen shows the alarm notification, but I don’t get any sound from it. I always miss the alarm because of this issue. So, please if any of you knows a solution to fix this issue, then please reply.

Re: No sound for Alarm in my Samsung Focus

I am also using Samsung Focus now, and I have only this phone with me. And I also don’t hear any sound from my phone while the alarm goes off. And because, I must need an alarm, therefore now I have bought an alarm clock separately. It is bit annoying and ridiculous that even after buying such expensive phone, we are missing reliability of such a basic feature. If there is any fix for this, then please reply.

My sister also had this problem once in her Samsung phone, then I searched for the reason behind the problem then I got to know that she had set the alert type of alarm as vibrate only and therefore she was not getting any sound for alarms. Make sure you have not set alert type as vibrate only as my sister did. If you have set it to vibrate only, then change it to ring + vibrate. Hope this helps you.

I also have the same issue with my Samsung Focus. I was searching for the fix for this issue from last few days. I was thinking that only I have this issue with this phone, but now as I saw this thread, I thought I should post my problem here. By the way, I have not set alert type to vibrate only, therefore I think reason behind my issue is different, but I don’t know what it is. I hope you people can help me to fix this issue as soon as possible.

I have also bought this phone. I also don’t get any sound when the alarm goes off. I just get the notification light and therefore I always miss the alarm. But, when I reboot my phone it becomes normal. But next day it again becomes the same. Please, help me to fix this issue.

I am also using Samsung Focus but I never got any problem like no sound in alarm. I think you should try doing a hard reset to your phone and if that don’t fixes this issue then I will suggest you to re-flash your phone once.
    Download any of the below ROM, search them on Google and then re-flash your Samsung Focus to fix this issue.

1. Samsung-i917-Focus-firmware-UCJK3-ATT-USA_4K.exe
    2. Samsung-i917-Focus-firmware-UCJK2-ATT-USA.exe
    3. Samsung-i917R-Focus-firmware-UXJL2-ROGERS-CANADA.exe

I hope this fixes this issue.

Yes, I will also suggest you to try re-flashing your Samsung Focus. And if you are not getting any sound after re-flashing also then you should contact to the service centre, they will fix this issue for free and they may even replace your device if your phone is under the warranty period.