Thread: Any Registry Setting to enable 3G+ Icon in AT&T Rom on Samsung Focus

Any Registry Setting to enable 3G+ Icon in AT&T Rom on Samsung Focus

Hi everyone I have a small problem here actually when ever I am in 3G network my AT&T don’t show the 3G+ Icon on the display so I am here for to get you help on this regard i had looked every where possible but cant find this key might someone please guide me to the registry folder that will permit for the AT&T ROM to show 3G+ like the Rogers Rom do I would be really appreciating this i will be very thankful to you

Re: Any Registry Setting to enable 3G+ Icon in AT&T Rom on Samsung Focus

That easy to achieve just go into the
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity \CellularCPL
    And after that Add
    Show3GToggle
    Dword: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
    That easy to achieve just go into the
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity \CellularCPL
    And after that Add
    Show3GToggle
    Dword: 1
    First of all I like to thanks to you for the replies though this isn't what was looking for as I already know this and easy to acquire this one through the Samsung Tools. The problem with this is that it will permanently display the 3G+ icon on the display and what I want is it only show when 3G is available on the phone. In fact there was a thread on this forum that illustrate how you possibly will even create it say 4G or H or whatever 3 and font you required but really appreciate you efforts’ thanks ones against my come on guys my question is still open please any help will be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Naq View Post
    First of all I like to thanks to you for the replies though this isn't what was looking for as I already know this and easy to acquire this one through the Samsung Tools. The problem with this is that it will permanently display the 3G+ icon on the display and what I want is it only show when 3G is available on the phone. In fact there was a thread on this forum that illustrate how you possibly will even create it say 4G or H or whatever 3 and font you required but really appreciate you efforts’ thanks ones against my come on guys my question is still open please any help will be appreciated
    pay no attention to the break in the key name and Also, you require to put in the registry key entry if it doesn't present.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
    pay no attention to the break in the key name and Also, you require to put in the registry key entry if it doesn't present.
    Well Thanks again, though we are discussion regarding two separate things. I before have the 3G toggle settings. The thing I am intended for is just cosmetic in nature. while I have the Rogers ROM loaded, the display would illustrate both 3G or 3G+ if I had a faster connection. For some reason AT&T has put out of action the showing of the 3G+ There was a post a some time ago that displayed the registry key to allow this cosmetic repair. I now un able to just locate that post now Once again I do welcome your hard work.

Can you explain why this is so importance is there any particular reason that you wanted to achieve this as for me its seems like point less and just the waste of time unless you have a strong reasoned to appose me
    Cheers!

You can on the whole modify it into whatever thing just remember you have limit of 3 chars max as far as I am concern I prefer H in its place of 3G+

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity \CellularUx\DataConnectionIcon

1XHSDPA = "3G+"

Quote Originally Posted by Fox28 View Post
    Can you explain why this is so importance is there any particular reason that you wanted to achieve this as for me its seems like point less and just the waste of time unless you have a strong reasoned to appose me
    Cheers!
    Appreciation for the answer this is the one I was looking for but one query despite the fact that , will this transform it all the time or later when the real network is in the H speed range. On the Rogers ROM, I could see 3G and 3G+ both simultaneously