Thread: Stock Sprint Kernals for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Stock Sprint Kernals for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Guys I am in great danger now actually I had tried to root my phone and hence loaded the opensource kernel now my phone is not working at all. ican see that the 3G buttons are not working at all, also the wifi connection and the 3G is not working at all. so what I want is that you all post the stock bootloader / kernel for me. so that I can take some lessons out of it. so please do reply over here guys since I am in grave danger/ I need your help guys please do get me out of this problem as soon as possible since I don’t think so I can show this issue to the service center at all. that’s what the problem is. I hope you do understand my problem please let me know the stock bootloader / kernel if you have as soon as possible here.

Re: Stock Sprint Kernals for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Gulika View Post
    Guys I am in great danger now actually I had tried to root my phone and hence loaded the opensource kernel now my phone is not working at all. ican see that the 3G buttons are not working at all, also the wifi connection and the 3G is not working at all. so what I want is that you all post the stock bootloader / kernel for me. so that I can take some lessons out of it. so please do reply over here guys since I am in grave danger/ I need your help guys please do get me out of this problem as soon as possible since I don’t think so I can show this issue to the service center at all. that’s what the problem is. I hope you do understand my problem please let me know the stock bootloader / kernel if you have as soon as possible here.
    See reading something in theory and then trying out practically is quite different. So don’t try if you dot have enough knowledge about that. As of now i can suggest you that compile a kernel, then after that you will have to MD5 the tar file that you got and then try ODINing it. Yes does looks good with what I have written here. It is equally important to carry out the same in the practical as well then only you will be able to get the desired output that you were looking for, so that’s it from my side for you.

stock kernels from Samsung open source that you get to see is not good they are actually broken many of them seemed to have developed for the beta testing and hence none of them work at all. that’s what I am saying here. so no use going with them wait till they do come up with good kernels for the phone. that’s what I am saying here.

Luckily I haven’t bricked my phone yet but I do have a compiled kernel that bootloops. Now what I want to ask is that having read the first suggestion I want to ask that what is the process named as MD5 the tar file? Frankly speaking I hae heard it for first time, so that’s why I am asking you all about the same. so can anyone tell me what do you all mean by that please do let me know about the same, waiting for the necessary help.

Quote Originally Posted by DoLar View Post
    Luckily I haven’t bricked my phone yet but I do have a compiled kernel that bootloops. Now what I want to ask is that having read the first suggestion I want to ask that what is the process named as MD5 the tar file? Frankly speaking I hae heard it for first time, so that’s why I am asking you all about the same. so can anyone tell me what do you all mean by that please do let me know about the same, waiting for the necessary help.
    According to my observation I have seen that many of the Samsung tar files do end with tar.md5. so it is necessary that you encrypt the remaining tar file with the md5. Doing that will allow the flash process to go on continuously, that’s what I am trying to say here. don’t brick your phone until and unless you haven’t completed the method of encrypting it. so hope that’s clear for you.

Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    According to my observation I have seen that many of the Samsung tar files do end with tar.md5. so it is necessary that you encrypt the remaining tar file with the md5. Doing that will allow the flash process to go on continuously, that’s what I am trying to say here. don’t brick your phone until and unless you haven’t completed the method of encrypting it. so hope that’s clear for you.
    Are you sure about that since as far as I know MD5 creates a non-reversible(ish) hash, I don’t think so there is any method by which I will be to encrypt it. I don’t know from where you did get that idea. Would be interested to know more about that.

Ok cut that crap I want to know is there any method by which I would be able to factory rest the settings in my phone? do you all have any idea about the same? well at last I am actually thinking to factory reset the settings in the phone sicne the new kernel has disabled all the important buttons and also the menu button I nthe phone. so tell me some alternative method by which I will be able to do that any ideas about that then do let me know as soon as possible on the same. waiting for the necessary replies from you all on this. I hope you will do reply to me.

Just make sue of the adb shell and then use format data that is what you need to do and nothing else. I am sure that it will prove successful to you. do try it and revert back to me if that works out for you, so that’s what I ma saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by delaware View Post
    Dude this is the most riskiest methond that you will be trying with, don’t do that you will be risking the phone. the user there hasn’t mentioned that it will be a risky operation to carry out so don’t do that and carry on with the factory reset settings that’s it.