Thread: Tethering Samsung focus with Windows 7 (64-bit)

Tethering Samsung focus with Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having Samsung focus mobile and computer at home. I like my phone very much. I have installed windows 7 (64-bit) operating system. I like to connect my phone to the laptop. I do this all the time. I have never had any problems doing this. I used to have windows xp and windows 7 (32-bit) operating system and even that time I used to connect y phone and the laptop without any troubles. This time I have installed windows 7 (64-bit). I want to know if there are any 64 bit Windows 7 drivers available for the modem in the Samsung Focus. Anyone knowing this then please let me know. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: Tethering Samsung focus with Windows 7 (64-bit)

Once the drivers are failed, you will get a link to download the drivers from Samsung. I would suggest you to download 20070813082717640_Samsung_USB_Driver_Installer.exe file from the Samsung website. The file is of around 8 MB. Download it and run it. It will extract drivers into Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung PC Studio 3\USB Drivers. After this, just try to open device manager and right click on the error flagged SGH-i917 device and try to update the driver. Select that folder and try to do this for other two devices that are detected.

I am facing somewhat similar kind of issues. I have installed all the drivers and other required software’s. The problem is that I am not able to see my phone in the device manager. I can only see the windows phone usp. When I try to update it, it says that I have installed the drivers. I don’t know what the problem is? Any suggestions then please tell me.

I would say that try doing the following. I hope it helps.

• On the Focus, go to the keypad and dial ##634# and hit call button
    • Diagnostic Keypad will come up
    • Dial *#7284# which will bring up the USB Path Control settings…
    • Choose USB Modem Tethering Call.
    • Plug USB cable into phone and into your PC.
    • Computer will install the drivers automatically (NOTE: You must be online to download the drivers)

I think you need to search the modem drivers for windows 7 (64-bit) on the internet. I would suggest that try to search the drivers on the google website. First make sure that whether the drivers are existing or not. You can get it downloaded and install it. I would suggest you to download vectir 2.5. it is actually a pc remote control application.