Thread: Bad Camera and Proximity Sensor in Samsung Focus

Bad Camera and Proximity Sensor in Samsung Focus

I am using Samsung Focus now. It is real an awesome phone, but I found this phone is lagging with one thing. Before this I had used Blackberry and iPhone and in both when I was plugging an earphone, which didn’t had Mic, then I was able to talk using the phone’s Mic, during the calls and the person at the opposite side was able to hear my voice very clearly without any problem. But, in my Samsung Focus, when I plug that earphone, then during the call I can just hear the voice from the opposite side but cannot talk using the phone’s Mic. This is just terrible. Is there any way, to enable my phone’s built in Mic, when a earphone is plugged in? Or do I need to buy a new earphone for it? If I have to buy a new earphone, then I would have to say it is really a negative point of this phone.

Re: Bad Camera and Proximity Sensor in Samsung Focus

I am also using Samsung Focus but I never felt that its camera is bad or any problem with its proximity sensor. And I can say that this phone has the best camera that I had in other phones of mine. I think you should reset your completely re-flash your phone. Try completely reflashing your phone and download the install the new OS. I hope after that your phone starts working perfectly.

Ok, I will to re-flash my phone, but I need your help for that. I mean from where I can get ROM’s for Samsung Focus?

You can search for any of the following ROM’s on Google and download them to re-flash your Samsung Focus

• Samsung-i917-Focus-firmware-UCJK3-ATT-USA_4K.exe
    • Samsung-i917-Focus-firmware-UCJK2-ATT-USA.exe
    • Samsung-i917R-Focus-firmware-UXJL2-ROGERS-CANADA.exe

I hope this helps you to fix your issues.

I am also using Samsung Focus. Initially I was also thinking that it doesn’t clicks good pictures. But, finally I discovered that you can capture very good picture with this phone also. For that you can half press the shutter button. And in night also it makes use of filler flash and therefore it captures a better picture with fewer of the flash white wash.