Thread: Samsung Focus GPS showing Inaccurate positions

Samsung Focus GPS showing Inaccurate positions

I have been using this phone since 6 month now. This phone has a great features and I love this phone very much but the only object I hate or rather say worried about is its GPS system I am receiving extremely wrong GPS positioning on my Samsung focus. It approximately not at all find me properly. I am currently running Mango 7720, but this occur in 7712 also. Not sure if it occur in NoDo or notso I request anyone here can help me on this issue as this is annoying . if working properly I actually feel I will use the GPS facility almost every day

Re: Samsung Focus GPS showing Inaccurate positions

I can only understand by you post is you are have some problem with your GPS but I am not sure what exactly the problem is so can you please describe what is the exact problem like Meters, positioning, weak signal something like that

Actually its Positioning while I open maps, it hardly ever illustrate my accurate position. every so often it will find relatively close, except it will wait jammed in a location yet if I'm moving. If it do locate me, there is the huge ring around my position, representative that its not 100% certain of my position.

That’s really odd man but I have solution for that why don’t you try "GPS App in Marketplace check that when I when I get the green signal I test with Bing the position, it more often than not puts me right within 1-2 minutes
    I hope you don’t have a defective GPS.

Hey dude even I also having the same problem as you are having as my Samsung Focus on top of that later updating to Mango. Just similar to you, its the similar on 7712 and 7720. Didn't had this difficulty before. I'm estimating its a driver problem. I hope there was a method to solve this.

If you sure that this is the drivers issue then you must stay for the official Mango release by the carrier. Those releases normally approach with new ROM and driver updates from Samsung

Well I have use Garmin app from the marketplace and its precise still even if bing acquire everlastingly to discover me now to mislay lock. I haven't buy the full version garmin app as it's pricey version which waiting a little however the trial facility for gps mapping and searching the local things like food, gas, hotels, etc