Thread: Where to get Sony VAIO Japanese keyboard?

Where to get Sony VAIO Japanese keyboard?

I have this Sony VAIO laptop and my work is mainly writing articles and typing in Japanese language. So I would like to know, if at all is it possible to purchase a VAIO laptop’s keyboard with a Japanese key layout. I am in Europe and also I would like to know that can I get it shipped over here - will Sony do that for customer like me? Or else can I get any usb keyboard for the laptop with the Japanese key layout. Or else ant software that I can use to get the Japanese language in my laptop or the Japanese fonts in my laptop or any third party app to help me type in Japanese language.

re: Where to get Sony VAIO Japanese keyboard?

Actually each region is specific for the languages and so you must know that you are in Europe so you should try getting it over there if not then you should try buying the keyboard on eBay there you will definitely find the keyboard with the Japanese layout and get it shipped over to your place. If not then you can change the default option for the region in the windows to the one which you prefer the most. In your case you can select the Japan option and then all the settings of the language in the windows would be the Japanese. Well at least you can try this and see what you get.

Microsoft Global IME lets you type different languages like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean into Microsoft Word documents, Web forms, and e-mail messages on any other language version of Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, and also in the other Microsoft operating systems. To use this please follow the steps: 1. First of all Start the program after that switch the program from the current mode into the Japanese mode.2. You can use “romaji”, or other English letters, to type the Japanese language. Also there a few other ones that you would need to know―:・ Type ‘nn’ for ‘ん’ and for example type ‘sennsei’ for ‘せんせい’ and ‘mikann’ for ‘みかん’.・ then you can type ‘wo’ for the particle ‘を’.・ Type the following consonant twice for smaller ‘っ’. For example type ‘itta’ for ‘いった’ and ‘gakkou’ for ‘がっこう’.・ Type ‘ha’ and ‘he’ for the particle ‘は’ and the particle ‘へ’ respectively.・ For the long vowel sign ‘ー’ type – (hyphen). If “ー” doesn’t appear, hit the “Space” key to choose the right one.3. To type hiragana for the word, type the word and then hit the “Enter” key. For example, type ‘neko’ and hit the “Enter” key for ‘ねこ’.4. To type katakana for the word, type the word in hiragana and hit “F7” key. The hiragana word will automatically change into highlighted katakana word and then if it’s correct, hit the “Enter” key to confirm. To write everything in katakana, click on ‘あ’ in the Japanese mode box and click on ‘Full-width Katakana’. This will then change everything you type after that into katakana. Please be set it back to Hiragana mode after you type the katakana word you need.5.And for the word, type the word and hit the “Space” key. If the kanji that appears first is the right one, hit the “Enter” key. If the first one is not the right one, hit the “Space” key again. Your computer will come up with a list of kanji with the reading you typed in. Choose the right one by pressing the “Space” key until the right one is decorated and then hit the “Enter” key. For example, for ‘朝’ type ‘asa’ and hit the “Space” key. If the first one that appears is ‘朝’, hit the “Enter” key. If the first one is not ‘朝’, hit the “Space” key. There will be a list with ‘朝’‘阿佐’‘麻’‘安佐’‘アサ’‘あさ’ and more. Use the “Space” key to choose the right one and then hit the “Enter” key.6. Number associated words come in a difference such as ‘一月’‘1月’ and ‘三人’‘3人’. Hit the “Space” key, choose the one you need and hit the “Enter” key.7. If you want Roman capital letters such as ‘CD’ and ‘NSW’, hit the “Shift” key while you type the preferred letters. So far we have learnt how to type a single word. You can do the same to write a sentence but that would be too bothersome and you usually don’t do that. 8. When you are writing a sentence or a passage, you frequently keep typing until you end either a clause or a sentence and then verify each word.

You can also get the Japanese fonts in order to type the Japanese language in your laptop this is free, quick and also you won’t need to do any cosmetic modification in your laptop. You can type the Japanese language with non-Japanese software such as English in the word processing software or English emailing software. There is no need to get the Japanese keyboard for this. You can type in Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji) by just using a keyboard of English language or other any languages. You need MS-IME software to type in Japanese language. MS-IME software is Japanese input software and it is just a standard accessory for Windows XP and Windows VISTA or Windows 7. Even Japanese people are also using this software to type in Japanese language on the Windows platform. MS-IME is ready font package on the hard disk or even on the windows System disk even on non-Japanese Windows such as Windows XP or Windows VISTA English version.

Re: Where to get Sony VAIO Japanese keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by EveryWhere View Post
    I have this Sony VAIO laptop and my work is mainly writing articles and typing in Japanese language. So I would like to know, if at all is it possible to purchase a VAIO laptop’s keyboard with a Japanese key layout. I am in Europe and also I would like to know that can I get it shipped over here - will Sony do that for customer like me? Or else can I get any usb keyboard for the laptop with the Japanese key layout. Or else ant software that I can use to get the Japanese language in my laptop or the Japanese fonts in my laptop or any third party app to help me type in Japanese language.

Hi, I have just got a sony vaio with windows xp operating system in Japanese the keyboard also has Japanese characters, would you be interested in it