Thread: IPhone not connecting to Linksys WRT54G2

IPhone not connecting to Linksys WRT54G2

I want to connect my Iphone to WRT54G2 but i keep getting an instant error message which says “Incorrect Password” though I am entering the right password. I am very well able to connect my laptop to it but the problem is occurring only when I am trying to connect it to my iphone. Is there anyone who has tried this before and can help me out with the connection?

re: IPhone not connecting to Linksys WRT54G2

If you are saying that you are entering the right password to connect to it and it is still not connecting it then there might be some critical issue. what all you can do is just try to connect your phone to some other secured connection by entering the password and check whether you are able to connect to the other network or not. If you don’t find any problem in connecting to the other network then there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your router.

Even I am facing the same problem of connecting my iphone to WRT54G2 only because when I try to connect my phone to the other secured home network of my friend then it gets connected without any problem but I don’t think that there might be something wrong with my home network. Is there any possibility that it can be some kind of compatibility problem of the iphone and the WRT54G2? Or I am just missing some kind of setting?

I have came across many people who have problem in connecting their iphone and ipads to wifi network or other home network but I have not yet came across this issue with particular network so I don think that it might be any kind of compatibility problem between the iphone and the WRT54G2 and its very normal to think like that as I have also herd people blaming their iphones and ipads and some just blaming the network.Just make sure that you have the latest version of the firmware installed on your iphone and ipads.

You can also try to reset the WIFI security but if there is no security then just logging into the router's administration and then select Wireless and then on the Basic Wireless settings just select Manual and make sure that the SSID Enabled and then save the setting and then return to the Basic Wireless Settings and select Wireless Security and then change the Security Mode to Disable and then again save it and then again try to connect your phone to the router and it should work fine now.

You can also try to use this option as well and just check if its able to solve your problem. What all you can do is just try to scan the wireless routers with the iPhone but just don't click on the router name and do not enter WEP rather try typing SSID and then select the security and then try to enter the password. Hope this might solve your problem.

Try this out. Just Open Linksys Easytlink Advisor and then just Click on Tasks/Tools on the bottom toolbar and then on change wireless security and then just checkmark the circle for higher security and then enter a security key and now you can use the randomly generated security key but if you now use the new security key all the other computers will not connect until you enter the new key on them as well and now your phone should work well. Best of luck.