Thread: Is Corning gorilla glass the best screen protector?

Is Corning gorilla glass the best screen protector?

I have just know bought a Galaxy tab and I have heard that it has a glass called “gorilla glass” which does not get scratches but I am not very sure about it, is it true that it doesn’t get scratches no matter how you handle it? Or I should better get a scratch guard for mu phones safety I really don’t want to see any scratch on my display. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

re: Is Corning gorilla glass the best screen protector?

Even I have a galaxy tab and in the starting even I was a bit afraid of using it without a scratch guard and even though I was aware of the galaxy tab having the gorilla glass but I still went for a scratch guard but later my scratch guard got some scratches on the display so I thought of getting another one for it but then my friend suggested to use it without the scratch guard and then I started using it like that and have not yet got a scratch on it even though I am using it in the same way I used to use it while I was having the scratch guard on it. So even I will suggest you to use it like that because it doesn’t get scratch so easily until in severe conditions.

Putting a scratch guard on a gorilla glass is kind of waste because phones with gorilla glass actually does not need it at all as they are very well capable and hardened in order to get scratches from our daily use of the phone. The manufacturers have made it keeping all the measures in their mind that can scratch it in our day to day life so probably you don’t have to worry about getting a scratch guard on it in order to protect it from scratch because it is already scratch resistant, so use it the way you got it don’t just spoil they beautiful look of it.

I have a lot of friend that are using mobile phones having gorilla glass and trust me none of is having any scratch on their screen though some of them have scratch on the body of the phone and they just use it like a normal phone and just don’t give it extra care because it is a touch screen phone just because of the gorilla glass. in the starting even I was not sure to trust it but later when I actually saw it then even I think that one should not actually bother about the scratch if they have the gorilla lass so if you are satisfied with our comments regarding the gorilla glass than you can use it without a scratch guard of just in order to trust it better check it out.

Yes even I feel that it is just a Waste of a beautiful screen if you are getting a protector because Gorilla Glass actually holds up anything in order to protect it from scratches which could appear by our day to day use. I have also heard that Sprint's Epic 4G Touch has a Gorilla Glass on it but I was not sure when I had it until I read it in a guide and now i am just using it like a normal phone without worrying about it too much so just Save money and enjoy your awesome screen for which it is indented.

I have also heard that the scratch guard are likely to reduce the touch sensitivity and does not allow you to get the best touch response of the phone as while touching it your finger is not in direct contact with the screen and it even gets dusty after a time and spoils the show of the phone as well. You might get scratches on it from the daily use but a gorilla glass does not so why there is a need to put a scratch guard on it and use it with the scratch on the scratch guard until it really fills your display with more scratches or till you feel that now it has a lot of scratches and it needs to be displayed.

It really depends on you that what matters to you the safety of the phone or the looks of the phone. Is your answer is safety than just get a scratch guard for it in order to convey yourself and not to worry about it all the time cause getting a scratch guard for such phones is really worth but is looks matter to you than don’t try it out because the just spoil it after few months you will find dust in the corners and even scratches on the scratch guard which really makes it look bitter for you as well as for other who will see it for the first time. So it all on you to decide because at the end your decision is important not our suggestions.

In order to really trust the gorilla glass just check some of it videos on YouTube where they are being tested by a lot of daily used things which can cause scratch on it. I was just amazed to see it not getting any kind of scratch even though the screen was rubbed against knife and keys constantly for a no of times just to check its quality and after seeing that video I am assured that it can’t get any knife of scratch from our daily used materials like keys, pens and any other object which we tend to keep in the same pocket. Just go and check it out and you will surely clear your doubt.

Yes the screen guard really makes the sensitivity of our touch a bit worst I have noticed it while playing games and with out the screen guard it works fine and well but you can check out for good quality screen guard which might not affect your touch but you might get scratches ad dust on your screen guard even if its one from the best quality. So if you think that you can use the phone without much worrying about having the screen guard you will probably use your phone at its best.