Thread: Poor Wifi range in Samsung Epic 4G?

Poor Wifi range in Samsung Epic 4G?

I have just now bought a Samsung Epic 4G Touch and the problem I am facing is that my phone’s wifi signal is appearing to be very poor. Just some few week back when I has just bought it would always have up to 3 signal bars for wifi inside my room but now I am just getting 1 even though I be in the same place. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated

Re: Poor Wifi range in Samsung Epic 4G?

Have you ever noticed the speed going down as well? And not only the signal bars and have you checked out your home networks to find out if there’s something wrong with it and not your phone? Because I don’t think that there might be any kind of problem with your phone as you said its new and previously it was able to get 3 signal bars as well so just give a check to your router and see if you can spot your problem and then we could help you out with it.

As far as I know I just don’t think that you can get a good speed even if your bars are less cause the bars directly depend on the range and the signal it catches because they are very well prepared and they have been documented by the manufactures for giving the preferred no of bars for the preferred dB. Which basically means if you have the least bar then you are having the least speed and the bar increase with the speed? And if you think that there is nothing wrong with your router than just try rebooting your phone or try a hard reset and check if you are getting the proper signal again.

I am not very sure about this but I have heard that the Samsung epic 4g is having a wireless G card only whereas the Samsung epic touch 4g id having the wireless G card as well as an N card and If you are broadcasting aka router and if your probably has N and G then it will connect to the N automatically and I cases of N, they have found to be faster but they has a shorter range and this is the reason why such type of problem appears so just check to be in the close range of your router and then check if it’s working fine or still working in the same poor manner.

I think you have definitely heard wrong because I know very well that the Samsung epic 4G very well supports 802.11N and I will like to tell you that it is one of the primary function of 802.11N to increase the range as well rather than just increasing the speed and every new standard of 802.11 are constantly improving the performance of both speed and range. Your problem appears as if there’s really something wrong with your router and not your phone if your phone does not increase the no of bars even after rebooting it.

If you think that there might be some kind of problem going on with your router then you can just try resetting your router and in order to rest your router you have to press and hold your router reset button for 30 seconds and then release it and then just disconnect the cable from your router and then for more 30 seconds and then connect it back to the router and then just reconfigure your router, if in case there would be any kind of basic problem with your router then it will be surely solved by this. Just try this out and see if it helps you. Best of luck

If you are not able to solve your problem by all this method than what you can do is just try to connect it to other home network and just check if you are getting better signal or you can probably try some other phone to connect it with the router at your place and check if it gets better signal. By trying these you will at least spot your problem and so we could probably help you to solve it if you can explain where it is going wrong.Just check the above solution and you will definitely get your problem solved.Hope that helps