Thread: Should I switch from Verizon wireless to sprint for Samsung Epic 4G Touch?

Should I switch from Verizon wireless to sprint for Samsung Epic 4G Touch?

Right now I have the droid bionic with an iPhone as my backup. Is it worth changing my career to pick up the epic touch? How is the battery life and reception with Sprint compared to Verizon Wireless? Now with the defense played I get about a 20-hour constant reality in my phone.

Re: Should I switch from Verizon wireless to sprint for Samsung Epic 4G Touch?

It depends where you are and where you tend to travel. I have 2 Sprint 2.5Mb 3G speeds (250 - 300KBytes / s) and home and work. I also 1-1.5Mb 3G in the middle of the jungle. All with a humble moment. There is an active 4G tower where I work in spite of not being in the coverage map.

On the other hand, if you are stuck wherever Verizon has a single network, data speeds will worst for the reason that Verizon refuses to permit anything more than 1x roaming. This also applies if you are on the edge of a Sprint tower. Sprint tends to desire to maintain you connected to a Sprint signal, regardless of its strength. This can be frustrating at times. If you have to go with Sprint, the first application should download and pay for roaming is control.

It depends on your needs. Sprint's voice and data plans are much cheaper and 4G data is unlimited. 3G is limited to 5 GB per month. If you need coverage in remote areas, observe the Sprint coverage maps and see if there is a sign that you necessitate. If you do not use a lot of data and want to spend more for higher speed, while paying more for voice as well, Verizon is the way forward. I just want to go with Verizon if the coverage is a difficult.

I have traveled around the country a bit and have never been without coverage for Sprint, but two small holes in my hometown. where there is no single source all but the minimum service levels of the doors, the interior gets squat from any of them. These "holes", however, can be deal breakers if you live and / or work in them. Coverage maps help a modest, but people ask who is much more precise

As the data rate means that it is a mixed bag. I came from a line of HTC devices where the change of PRL on the fly, was simple, so use the "00001.prl" a lot. This PRL, in essence, puts it on Verizon towers, all-speed 3G. I can honestly say that while Verizon speeds tend to be much more consistent than Sprint, even though I had the possibility to leave Sprint this month (free) instead of going to Big Red I used to update Epic to the touch without hesitation. I've seen as high as 2.7mbps .My friend lives in an area of low incomes and high may be the only Sprint subscriber for the mile, and put 2.5 mbps all day .There are also times / places where Sprint's 3G speed is absolutely whips Verizon.

So far 4G can be incredibly fast, but you may not ever get inside the signal unless it is in a saturated 4G metropolitan area. I have heard many complaints about the speed but when I connect 4G is always faster than my internet at home.

I agree with most everyone here take a look and see what you are using and what you need. Make sure you have coverage at home and work and other places you visit regularly. If it works for you make the change. You can save much money with Sprint based on their needs and have a great selection of phones, only the Samsung galaxy s2 and impressive about 50% faster than evo3d flies by. But all that power means nothing if you cannot get the signal.

I just switched from Verizon because I wanted very badly Galaxy Samsung s2.I live in Seattle and Sprint has good coverage here, so I'm pretty happy. You can always change and try Sprint for 14 days (or maybe it's 30) and if you like, go back to Verizon. No big deal.

PS: I had the Bionic droid for a few days before switching to Sprint. I in fact consider that the Galaxy S2 is simply improved in every way. That's just my estimation. I could not cope with PenTile screen and the camera was quite disappointing.

I have not been changed. As indicated below, which was upon them a certain limit before the start of the lids. Then, after the account and offered to reactivate, probably to establish a cap on me. I suspect the same would have happened to you.

When I switched to Sprint data, I asked if they had unlimited data bandwidth, and multiple confirmations (with transcripts of conversations) that was 100% unlimited. It introduced the 5GB limit a year or two later. And they have not renewed the contract or accepted no new modem on the line today is still unrestricted use 8 of 10 GB per month. They called and tried to get me to renew, to be activated 4G, although put a cap on 3G and I declined. Until 4G is all over the place I need in the way, I cannot.

I do not need to tie up a phone, you only need one bad ass phone that looks great, feels super fast and the battery lasts. I want a great looking screen and widgets that are good for social media.

I changed on Friday and I'm starting to regret - I have not seen a 3G download speeds greater than about 90kbps here. The phone is completely astonishing and I love the wifi device itself, but for the whole city is pretty bad. I tried to download an application of 2 MB or more in a restaurant where there were a total of 5 bars signal the night before and was still trying to lose 15 minutes later due to the slow download speed was. It's worse than dial-up modem at a time.

Is it true that if Verizon unlimited acquired and upgraded to a 4G phone, your account becomes a place of unlimited levels?

I switched from Verizon for 5 months and repent. Sprint 3G sucks. I have more speed to 1x roaming on Verizon's 3G I use Sprint. Sprint's 4G is a joke, and it does not penetrate buildings very well.

I travel all over the place and I went about 3 times a week. In my travels I have noticed that the Sprint service is very sporadic when I'm not using roaming and control towers from Verizon. I’m really holding out hope that sprint to the iPhone 3G does something to make better.