Thread: Screen brightness changes drastically in my Samsung Epic 4g Touch, when the auto brightness is enabled.

Screen brightness changes drastically in my Samsung Epic 4g Touch, when the auto brightness is enabled.

I recently bought this Samsung Epic 4G Touch and I noticed one strange thing in it. When the auto brightness is enabled, then screen brightness changes drastically, is it normal to have this. I was just doing using this phone then I noticed that its brightness changes drastically, in just few seconds, when I put it into a new lightning setting. For example, when I went into a darker room, then I saw that after few seconds, screen went very dimmer and dimmer, and vice versa. Before this phone I was using Samsung Eco 4G, but in that phone brightness was also adjusting, but I was not able to notice the change in the brightness, but in this phone anyone can notice the change because, in this difference in the brightness is very huge. I want to know, that is it normal to have this in my phone and is there anyone else using this phone and noticed the same thing in it? Please, reply.

Re: Screen brightness changes drastically in my Samsung Epic 4g Touch, when the auto brightness is enabled.

Yes, I have also noticed that its brightness changes rapidly and drastically. And I noticed that it goes too dim when I go outside my home. I can clearly notice this, because the change is very huge. But, I don’t have any big problem with it but it would be better if it would change its brightness but it should not be noticeable so easily. Therefore, I will like to see if there is anything by which I can change its auto brightness behavior manually.

Re: Screen brightness changes drastically in my Samsung Epic 4g Touch, when the auto brightness is enabled.

I have seen that there is one more setting, in this phone, if you scroll down that setting page. It is called “Auto adjust screen power”. This setting is something which deals with analyzing about what should be on the screen actually, I think this is the thing which you may need and so I will suggest you to try playing around it, then you may get to do, what you wanted to do.

I think it is now in all the phones of Samsung. I am saying this, because I also have Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and its screen is also behaving same as you all are saying here. I was feeling bit annoying therefore, I just turned down it, by myself, to halfway down when I am at home and when I go outside then I just turn it little up. I did this by going in setting and then in display and there was the option for setting the brightness.

Yes, I also noticed in my Samsung Epic 4G Touch that its brightness is changing drastically. So, I adjust that power adjustment thing in settings but it is auto adjusting the brightness even now also. I think this phone is adjusting this brightness to prevent our phone from overheating. But, it should change slightly not this much.

Yes, it would be better if it would be changing the screen brightness little slightly. I find it bit annoying when its screen brightness constantly goes dim even at the time when I am running the wireless tether, may be because to prevent it from overheating, but it goes too dim.

I was also noticing this in my phone, but now I have disabled the auto brightness. I also think it’s in all the Samsung phones now, because, I have found this in other phones also. One more thing that I noticed in this Samsung Epic 4g Touch is that the buttons of this phone which are at the bottom, are bit less sensitive than Samsung Eco 4G.

If you all find this thing in Samsung Epic 4g Touch bit annoying then here I have a tip for you which you can try. First turn off the auto brightness and then to adjust the brightness of the screen according to what you need, just hold down your finger on the notification bar, and then to adjust the brightness, just slide little left or right, according to what you want. This way you can adjust the brightness on the go. I haven’t tried it on my phone, but as I got to read it somewhere, therefore I thought I should share it to you people. Just give it a try, if you find that it is working or even if it is not working then reply back here so that others can also know that it works or not.

I was feeling this bit annoying therefore after reading your post, I just tried doing what you said that is holding down notification bar and sliding accordingly to adjust the brightness and I found that it worked in my Samsung Epic 4g Touch. Thanks for sharing this tip with us. Now, I can adjust the brightness very quickly according to what I want.