Thread: Toshiba Tecra R10-120: 3G network is not working fine, need help.

Toshiba Tecra R10-120: 3G network is not working fine, need help.

Recently I am using Toshiba Tecra R10-120 laptop which comes with the windows vista or windows XP operating system. When I was using the 3G connection in it, it was working so good, but now I had windows 7 recently installed in my laptop, and also I have the proper driver for it which I have downloaded from the Toshiba website. Now after installing the windows 7, I am getting some problem while using the 3g networks. The problem is that when I connect the 3G device then networks and card are fine but when I press the connect button then it tries for it and after some time it says that unable to connect. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Re: Toshiba Tecra R10-120: 3G network is not working fine, need help.

Hey, in this case I would like to ask you that which operator and SIM you are using. And also I would like to know that does it works when you connect using the Win7 built in connection manager? In this case I will suggest you to register correctly to the network for the better support. I am telling you this thing because I think that this is an profile or network problem which is caused by the not providing the proper registration. Before that you can also take the help by creating the manual profile in the wireless manager with the correct setting. And also tell me if this thing is working if you are using the DUN.

Yes, I also think that this is an strange situation. Because, before few days I installed the latest 3GRF POWER UTILITY and 3G F3507g drivers and after that I insert the 3G SIM card. And I see that my laptop is running fine while using the internet. But today when I download and install the latest WIRELESS MANAGER software for checking the data and also sending the SMS. But now my laptop is not connecting through the 3G networks. For that reason I check the connection by sending the SMS to my phone and see that it is working fine but still my laptop is not connecting with the internet. For this thing only I had also tried with the uninstalling all the 3G drivers and reinstalling them but still of no use. And after checking the troubleshooting I found that the error was " the mobile broadband network connection operation failed with error 0". For that I am now using the windows 7 and I get the driver for the 3G. and now all things are fine.

Friends, after searching on the internet, I found the reason for this problem and also the solution for this. I don’t know that this thing is because of the APN, but if you set the APN name as "v-internet" then it will not work. And for the connection you will need to set the APN name as "e-connect" like the setting in external 3G wireless router without dial up number, and this thing will work. I am very sure with this because of I had done this setting in my laptop and this thing is working fine.

In this case, first tell me that which SIM card you are using? I think that there will be some mistake in the setting. I will suggest you to make sure that while using the windows 7, check that you are connecting the setting with the help of windows 7 built in connection manager. And also check that is the wireless manager software is also installed in your system. And try to connect with the wireless manager also and tell if it works. And also tell me that are you able to share the APN, username, password and also authentication protocol that your operator use. And report over here is you find any difference when you make the manual profile and use it. And I will suggest you to try this profile with the both Wireless Manager and WIN7 built in connection manager. I think that this issue is most related with your SIM card and also with your setting.

All things are working so good, before Toshiba Wireless Manager shows the message. It was fully functional after restart the driver Ericson F3607gw for TOSHIBA Mobile Broadband Network Adapter. So I think that problem is not due to the SIM card, operator parameters. And also I am using Orange – France as operator.

Friend this suggestion don’t really work in my case. But thanks for the suggestion. Before your suggestion I had already tried with this suggestion and this did not work for me. And for me it is really strange because, the hardware seems to communicate well with the 3g network but it fails to do that. After trying on resolve this problem I found one diagnose from the windows 7 network diagnostics which told that:
    “The mobile broadband network connection operation (context activation) failed with error code 0”
    And I really don’t know what it means. But thanks for your suggestion again.

I think no luck for me. I also tried with the it registers with the network but no any change. I am still having the problem and waiting for any good suggestion that will work for me.

Hey I am not getting that what should be problem in your case. I am telling this thing because I resolve the same problem by making a manual profile for it and using it in case of the default profile. I think that if still you are getting the same problem then I will suggest you to contact with the SIM card service provider. They might help in this network connection case, but I am not sure about it. I am telling you this thing because you are trying with the so many of the suggestion so, you can also try with this suggestion and see if any good result will happens in your case. If they will also not help in your case then I think that there must be some problem In your machine, because except machine all things are working fine. So first try with this results and hope that they will help you in your case.