Thread: Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME: Bluetooth & WLAN are operating within the same radio frequency, Need help.

Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME: Bluetooth & WLAN are operating within the same radio frequency, Need help.

Hey friends, I recently bought the new Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME. And for the better performance I had downloaded the all its driver from the Toshiba website. But now I am having the problem. The problem is that while using my laptop I found that window appeared says as follows:
    Bluetooth and wireless LAN devices operate within the same radio frequency range and may interfere with one another
    can anyone help me in this case? Please suggest me some steps for resolving this problem?

Re: Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME: Bluetooth & WLAN are operating within the same radio frequency, Need help.

Hi dude, in this case I think that this is not an issue and there is no need to think more about it. This is a simple notice from the system for your information. Let me tell you that this message means that your WLan operates in the same frequency like the Bluetooth. I think this thing is because you are using the 802.11 B and G WLan standard which uses the 2.4GHz frequency which is also used by the Bluetooth as well. If still if you are thinking that it will affect your system then in this case I will suggest you that while using the WLAN, disable the Bluetooth to not use the same frequency at the same time.

Re: Toshiba Satellite C660-1ME: Bluetooth & WLAN are operating within the same radio frequency, Need help.

Friend, it is not a bug, it is feature of your system. And let me inform you that it is ok if you’re WLAN and also your Bluetooth is using the same frequency then it will not affect your system. If still you are fearing with this thing then you can disable any one of them while using the another one, as suggest in the above reply. For example, if you want to exchange some files, like images, songs, videos from the Smartphone’s then at that time you can turn off the WLAN so the Bluetooth will only use the frequency at that time. And when you think that you need to use the WLAN then at that time you can off the Bluetooth and use the WLAN for your use. For turning on and off your Bluetooth and WLAN, you can take the help of the FN+F8 key combination, because it is very fast and it only takes two second to do so.

Thanks a lot friend, your suggestion is very use full for me. I am trying with your suggestion and now all things are working so well. I use the FN+F8 key combination for turning off and on the Bluetooth and WLAN.

I was also having this type of the problem. While using the Bluetooth and wireless LAN device at the same time I get the message that both operates in the same radio frequency range and may interfere with one another. I was also thinking that it will cause some problem to me, for that reason I decided that I will use only one network a time. I will also suggest you to do the same. And tell us back over here if you have any other problem related to that. I hope that it will help in your case.

I think that if your Bluetooth hardware is not too old then you can use the WLAN and Bluetooth simultaneously. I am telling this thing because Newer Bluetooth hardware can detect occupied channels by WLAN and also for avoid disturbance look for the free ones. I was also having this type of the problem and after searching more on the internet I found this type if the solution. I tried with them and I get resolve this problem. So in tour case I will suggest you that do the same as I directed, I really works for me and hope that will in your case also.

Hey friends, thank u very much for your suggestion. I was also having this type of the problem and I resolve this by using your solution which is given over here.

Friend, thanks for telling me that Bluetooth & WLAN both uses the same frequency range. Because, before your suggestion I was thinking that there are some problem in my Bluetooth & WLAN hardware. I was thinking to replace them but now I get the reason why they both are operating in the same frequency range. For operating them frequently, I use to turn off any of them while operating other one. For that reason I uses the F8 key, this really helps me to turn off and on the Bluetooth & WLAN very fast. I am telling this all things because I was also facing this problem and I resolve y problem by following your suggestion for that.