Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X500/02G: need help in replacement of wireless card

Toshiba Qosmio X500/02G: need help in replacement of wireless card

Hi every one, I am using Toshiba Qosmio X500/02G and I want to find out that where the realtek wireless card is located in my X500/02G laptop, because I want to swap it with the better card. Because, I want to use it in to my desktop at my home. In my laptop I am having Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n card, and when my laptop is on the desk which is 30 fit away from the wireless N router it perform very slow and also sometimes it won’t connect properly, or the operation is very slow. I am also having Satellite A350 laptop as well that has an Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN card in it and if I sit in the same distance at that time I get the speed upto 5 or 6Mb/ps connection/download speed where the realtek card gets under 1Mb/ps. So for that reason only I want to remove my Intel wireless card from the A350 and put it in my Qosmio, but I am not having any good information about that where this card is? I would also like to know that why did Toshiba makes the wifi card easily accessible in the Qosmio? I also would like to know some repair manual for that laptop. If you have some information about it then please report me over here.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X500/02G: need help in replacement of wireless card

Hey, according to my information I know that WLAN card on Qosmio X500 is place under the keyboard. So if you are thinking to get the access to your wireless network then you can take first need to open the keyboard. But here I will suggest you to not do this thing alone, because not allowed action can cancel valid warranty. For that reason also you can take the help of the service center.

Ok friends, and also thanks a lot. I think that this is really a crazy thing to do, because I think that there must be more problem while replacing the card which is there under the keyboard. And also recently I found that my router is wireless g not wireless n, and also still I want to upgrade the card to an Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN card.
    Still I cannot find any service manual that will help me that how to remove the cards and also keyboard. And here I think that if I open my laptop and replace the card then my warranty will void. Can I can the Toshiba tech support and ask them for that reason?

I think that it is normal behavior not a crazy one. According to my knowledge there are most notebook which have the card replaced under the keyboard. And I think that this is not very hard to remove the keyboard so I had moved my keyboard so many times in my notebook. And dude you are asking for the service manuals and let me tell you that service manuals are not for the public use, you can only download the user manual from the official website.

I think that you are saying totally incorrect, I am disagree with your comment that is Wi-Fi card being under the keyboard in most laptops. And ai am telling you this thing because oi am working in the laptop sales and have information about the laptop. I think that the card is there in the laptop in the smaller cover mostly it sits beside the ram modules and can be remove or replaced in less than 1 minute. And also you can open the laptop without voiding the warranty, the warranty will be void if you damage anything while doing this thing. I am very sure about it, because recently I have replaced my RAM my self and still my laptop is under warranty period. And also I can download the service manuals from the website and I think that service manuals only it indicates where everything is inside the laptop, not just where all the external parts are. For your kindly information you can also call the Toshiba and ask them for this thing.

Let me tell you that, if I am going to buy the new notebook an manufacturer tell me that if you open the case then at that warranty will be void. Then I will never try to open my notebook, even if it would be easy for me to replace such card. And yes I think that it is possible to download the user manual from the Toshiba website not the service manuals. I am very sure about it because I had checked this thing with the many of the computer manufacturer. But you can download any type of the manuals from the 3rd pages or servers.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I have downloaded the service manuals from the 3rd pages or servers. And now I am trying to open the laptop for the replacement of the card. Again thanks for your important suggestion.

Hey all, I am also using the same Toshiba Qosmio X500/02G, and also facing the same problem with my machine. I also need to replace the wireless card. For that reason only I followed your suggestion but they are still no working in my case. I want to replace this card because I want to put this card in my desktop which is at my home. For replacement of that card I was only following the suggestion which is present over here. But still I am not able to replace wireless card myself. This is because of I am not able to find any service manual for this. Yes I know that the service manuals are only for the private user but there will be some way to download this type of the manual. Hey if you are having any better idea to download the user manual or for replacing the wireless card then please suggest me again.