Thread: I want to buy Dell Venue, but does not know whether it is a good choice

I want to buy Dell Venue, but does not know whether it is a good choice

Dell Venue looks really nice phone, but do you think there are some things which are missing. I want to know those stuff. I want to buy this phone, but before that I want to know that is this phone worth. It is an Android phone with better and rich experience. I already had a demo of the same at an local shop and found really worth. There were certain news also that this phone will support newer android version. So that make this more better. Thanks.

Re: I want to buy Dell Venue, but does not know whether it is a good choice

Dell Venue is an Android phone. While there is also an similar model called as Dell Venue Pro. This is an Windows 7 phone. Both are smartphones with rich features and support. Have a look on the Pro version also.

It is a nice phone. But today there are many Android phone available. Dell Venue runs on Android 2.2 Froyo. I had not heard about any update till yet. The phone has really high specifications. An sleek and widescreen is phone is just enough to fit your needs. It comes with 16GB micro sod card. So when you are buying the same, just check the package content. It has an candy bar design. The look and hold of the phone is one best feature I will recommend. It is also an robust phone with 4.1wvga screen giving out resolution of 480x800. The screen is quality is very nice, and recommended for hd videos also. With high contrast you can view more lighter videos with better viewing angles. This phone supports an 3.6mm headset jack with microusb support. All in all this phone is enough better to be an ideal android smartphone.

It is a nice android phone, but the model is a bit outdated. So befor buying same you must go and look for some recent models also. Do not blindly buy the same.

I can here mention you some goods an bad points of this phone. This can help you to more easily judge whether to buy or not :

Good Points :
    • Attractive look. The display is awesome with very high resolution output. The curved shaped design gives an attractive look to the phone.
    • The phone has an robust today. The body his made of plastic which makes it more lighter.
    • The user interface of the mobile phone is clear and better. You can easily figure out the controls and other features of the phone.
    • The phone runs really smooth. You can use the widgets with just simple touch on the screen. The phone respond very quickly on the screen.
    • Some new button support like the silent mode and camera button make the phone more flexible in usage.

Negative Points :
    • The hardware of this phone is very old. You cannot run new os on this. Some of app will just give a hard time
    • The battery life of this phone is not good, while this plays an very important aspect for android phones.The cpu and screen consume more power.
    • When applications are overloaded the phone lag's a lot. This degrades the performance.
    • There is no information on latest android os update for this phone.

I can list you some phones which comes in the competition with this phone. Like Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC Droid Incredible 2 and Samsung Galaxy S4G. Have a on the features and specification of this phones then check back.

It is one of the mid range android phone. Buy only if you are getting better price for the same. Have a look on phone price list before purchasing the same.

It is correct that the phone has a older hardware support. But Dell Venue Pro has something newer. It is not an Android phone. It works on Windows Phone 7 operating system. Many features are similar. The phone has an slider support with full keyboard. Have a look on this model also.

Dell Venue is an attractive phone but the model is quiet outdated. It has been released a long time before and after that just go and see some the most newest models. It is an powerful phone, enough to work properly under rough conditions also. I do not really enjoy the design and size also looks bigger. It has an solid build with big display and the camera quality is also very nice. Dell has provided an slide mode switch on the phone, by pressing this you can easily put the phone back to silent when in meeting. The things which this phone lacks is the hardware update. The phone has old hardware and the software is also not upgradable. I had seen the video quality of this phone which is not nice. When you try to record videos on the highest settings, the phone become mess to handle. There is no divx video support and not hdmi also, which are easily found in today's model and the price difference is also bigger.