Thread: What is the difference between Photo Light and Led Light, in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray and neo respectively?

What is the difference between Photo Light and Led Light, in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray and neo respectively?

Here I have a question in my mind and I want to ask it to you people, because I think here I can get the answer for this question. Yesterday I got to know that Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray has photo light and Sony Ericsson Xperia neo has led light. Therefore, now I want to ask that, what is the exact difference between both led flash light and photo light? I want to know this, because I don’t have too much knowledge about both of them. It is just a curiosity in my mind to know about them to know which is better so that I can choose a phone amongst them, so I will feel better if I can get the answer of this from here.

Re: What is the difference between Photo Light and Led Light, in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray and neo respectively?

According to what I know is, if your phone has photo light then at the time you take pictures then it will lack of flash and it is just like torch light. But, I also assume that both just have different names and otherwise they both are somewhere same only.

Re: What is the difference between Photo Light and Led Light, in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray and neo respectively?

They are not same. Thought the difference between them is very less but they are absolutely different types of lighting. I got to know this when I asked this question to some other people and that’s why I am saying it to you.

I can give you the traditional difference between both of these lights. Photo light is a traditional flash which allows taking pictures at a high shutter speed. When you take the picture from the phone having this traditional flash light, then it has minimal risk of movement during the picture is being clicked. So, it is very good for taking pictures. But it will not work in case of videos and also it needs some re-charging time when it is firing the flash.
    Unlike photo light, a led light is used as an assisting light. LED allows you to take great videos even if the lightening condition is not good. It is also very good for taking successive pictures with short intervals. But, it has one disadvantage, unlike the photo light, its camera requires using a fairly longer shutter time when you are taking normal still pictures. And therefore, it has risks such as it can give blur images if phone shake or even with little disturbance. And also the range of photo light is relatively greater than the Led light.

Yes, that’s the actual difference that you can say. And it is hard to decide which one is better than the other. Yes, Led lights give you little greater range of use but along with that they also increase the cost. And also Led lights are not intended for long and nonstop usage, because most of them is driven at the perimeter till where they can stand. They should not be used as a torch also and if used then for very short period.

Now, I here I got a confusion in my mind. Till now what it seems by what you are saying is, Led lights are somewhere better than the flash lights but they just have relatively higher costs, is it?

Of course it s not what I meant to say. You cannot say that Led lights are better, or even photo lights are better. Both of them have several pros and cons associated with them. And that’s why both are equally consumed in the market.

If I am remembering correctly then in initial days Sony Ericsson was announced the X10 with camera with flash and after some period now it has been changed to the flash light. And therefore, it seems that they just have different name and nothing else. You can say both are same. And I have heard this from many people saying that there is no significant difference between Photo light and Led Light.

One difference, that I have noticed between Led light and photo light is, on some cell phones I have seen that photo lights are on for all the time, whereas, the Led lights are on when the shutter is pressed. This is the only difference that I have seen between them. But, may this one difference is due to several other differences. But, I actually don’t have any idea about that. I have remembered that some of the cyber shot cameras like C903 were having different variantion of Led light.