Thread: IKEA 3D kitchen planner tool not working in toshiba Satellite L305D notebook

IKEA 3D kitchen planner tool not working in toshiba Satellite L305D notebook

Hi, I am using toshiba Satellite L305D notebook and was trying to use IKEA 3D kitchen planner tool in the notebook, but don’t know what could be the problem but the computer does react with a response DEP (Data execution protection) and close the Browser.

Actually I am not able to figure out what could be the problem with the notebook, I have installed windows 7 in my machine and was trying to access the site by means of IE.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: IKEA 3D kitchen planner tool not working in toshiba Satellite L305D notebook

See I would like to tell you about the system requirement that you must have to have otherwise you’ll not be able to use this feature on your machine.

Hardware requirement:

gigahertz (GHz) equivalent or faster

32MB Graphic card

1024 x 768 Display resolution

Broadband Internet connection

Software requirement :

Windows XP SP2 or higher

MacOS X 10.5 Leopard or higher (for Intel processors only)

Browsers:

Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher

Firefox 3.5.70 or higher

(If you have installed mac on your machine the you should make use of below mentioned browser)

Firefox 3.5.7 or higher
    at present not compatible with Firefox 4.0 or greater!

Safari 4.0.3 or higher

Re: IKEA 3D kitchen planner tool not working in toshiba Satellite L305D notebook

as this is a online utility through which you can be your own interior designer, thus you must have to have that much faster internet connection first in order to run it perfectly.

Thus I would like to tell you that you should make sure whether you are using it with the perfect internet connection or not, and as mentioned by the above user you can simply determine that you must have to have broadband connection.

That’s good as you are using Internet Explorer for accessing the site, thus make sure you are using either Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher than that. Because it won’t supported by the lower version.

In fact my recommendation is to make use of another browser rather than the IE, because you’ll get very slower speed with the browser you are using.

Thanks for the suggestion and in fact I am using IE8 so there isn’t any such issue with the version but still there is some problem with DEP, how to resolve that?

I was also getting the same DEP error with the IE but for that we have to make settings first, and I would like to tell you about that. you can follow the below mentioned link.

1- Open System by clicking the Start button, and click on Control Panel, as the window appear click on System and Maintenance, and then click “System”.

2- as you reach there Click on “Advanced System Settings”. If you are provoked for an administrator password or confirmation, then provide it though have been login with user account you’ll be able to type the password for corroboration

Now beneath “Performance”, click on Settings.

3- Click the “Data Execution Prevention”(DEP) tab, and then click on “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select”.

4 – now choose the services and that you wanted to access and click on apply to make changes apply able.