Thread: Unable to turn on/off the WIFI in Toshiba Satellite L675-11Z

Unable to turn on/off the WIFI in Toshiba Satellite L675-11Z

Hello friends I have Toshiba Satellite L675-11Z laptop and I was using windows vista in my laptop and after that I have upgrade my operating system from window Vista to windows 7 and after that I am not able to turn on and turn off the wireless in my laptop. Please help me with this.

Re: Unable to turn on/off the WIFI in Toshiba Satellite L675-11Z

As you have said that after installing the windows 7 this problem has started and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to first check when you press the Fn+F8 ey at that time you get any Bluetooth or WIFI logo on your screen or not. if you don’t get anything like that then it means that you have not installed Flash Card Support Utility.

If you have installed the Flash Card Support Utility in your laptop and after that also you are facing this problem then you have to also check that whether you have to installed Toshiba hotkey utility and VAP or not. I am telling you this because Toshiba hotkey utility and VAP are also necessary to use the wireless function in your laptop and that is why you have to first check this. if you have not installed the Toshiba hotkey utility and VAP then you have to first insert the drivers CD in your laptop and after inserting the CD you have to install the Toshiba hotkey utility and VAP and after that check whether your problem get solved or not.

if you don’t have the driver CD in your Toshiba Satellite L675-11Z then you have to visit the official site of the Toshiba and after visiting the official site you have to download the Toshiba hotkey utility and VAP from there and after downloading that you have to install that in your laptop and aftr that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I was getting the same issue with my laptop also and after that I have uninstalled all the wireless drivers and all the utility from my laptop and after uninstalling that I have restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop I have run Ccleaner in my laptop. Now after that I have installed all the things again and after that my problem get solved. You should also try this solution.

when I have installed the Toshiba hotkey utility and VAP and after that when I have tried to enable the WIFI at that time it worked fine but when I tried to disable at that time I get BSOD. after that I uninstalled all the things from my laptop and installed them again and after reinstalling that also I am still getting the BSOD. please tell me how to fix this issue?

Is there anything wrong with my operating system or something goes wrong with registry file?

There might be something wrong with your operating system and that is why I would like to tell you that first try to solve this issue by repairing your operating system and after that also if you get the same problem then you have to take the backup of all your data and then install the fresh copy of the operating system and after that check whether your problem get solved or not. as far as I know installing the fresh copy of the operating system your problem will get solved. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

Thank you for helping me. After referring your solution I have first tried to solve this issue by repairing the operating system in my laptop and after repairing the operating system in my laptop when I have tried to turn on and turn off the WIFI at that time it worked file. Thank you for helping me.