Thread: How to turn on wireless capability on Toshiba Satellite A660 18N

How to turn on wireless capability on Toshiba Satellite A660 18N

I normally connect internet in my laptop via wireless connection and do all my work from last few days I am not able to connect the internet in my Toshiba Satellite A660 18N laptop via wireless connection. now whenever I try to connect the internet using the wireless connection at that time I get following message ' Wireless communication is disabled - Please turn on the wireless communication switch' Please tell me what I should do to fix this issue.

Re: How to turn on wireless capability on Toshiba Satellite A660 18N

As you have mentioned in your problem that you are getting ' Wireless communication is disabled - Please turn on the wireless communication switch' it means you have to turn on the laptop and after turning on the laptop you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I think after that your problem will get solved.

yes you have to first press the Fn +F8 key to turn on the wireless and when you press the Fn+F8 key at that time it will ask you to select between the wireless and Bluetooth and from that you have to make sure that you select the wireless option. now after pressing the Fn+F8 and selecting the wireless you have to check whether wireless LED get ambler or not. I think after that your problem get solved.

if you are getting the same problem after that also then I will suggest you to try to solve this issue by checking the BIOS setting. Sometime if the WLAN option gets disabled from the BIOS at that time also this type of the problem can take place. first you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the BIOS you have to press F2 key and aftr that you check whether WLAN option is enabled there or not. if it is not enable there then you have to enabled the WLAN option first and after enabling the WLAN option you have to save it and then exit and restart the laptop and then check whether your problem get solved or not.

If after trying the above solution also if you are facing the same problem then you have to uninstall the wireless drivers from the internet and after uninstalling the wireless drivers from the Toshiba Satellite A660 18N laptop you have to insert the drivers CD again and then install the drivers and after that you will be able to use the WLAN in your Toshiba Satellite A660 18N laptop.

Well after reinstalling the wireless drivers also if you are facing the same problem then I will suggest you to first go to the official site of the Toshiba and from there you have to first select your laptop model number. Now after selecting the laptop model number you have to select the operating system. After selecting the operating system you have to download the updated wireless drivers again in your laptop and after downloading the updated wireless drivers you have to first uninstall the previously installed wireless drivers in your laptop and after uninstalling the wireless drivers from your laptop you have to restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to check double click on the drivers installation file which you downloaded and after that you have to install the drivers again in your laptop and after that check whether you are getting the same error or not.

I was also facing the same problem with my laptop after that I have first tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the wireless drivers in my laptop and after reinstalling that also I was having the same problem with my laptop and after that I have contact the Toshiba support and then have told me to update the BIOS and after that my problem will get solved. And after referring that I have update the BIOS in my laptop and after updating the BIOS my problem get solved.

I will also recommend you to try to solve this issue by updating the BIOS and after that your problem will get solved also.

You have to turn on the wireless in your Toshiba Satellite A660 18N by double clicking on the "Tbs Wireless.exe" file. try this solution and after that let me know whether wireless gets turn on ion your laptop or not.

Reinstalling the wireless drivers in my laptop does not helped me to solve this issue and after that I have tried to solve this issue by downloading the updated drivers from the internet and after that when I installed that in my laptop at that time also I get the same problem. Now after that I have read your reply regarding the turning on the wireless by double clicking on the "Tbs Wireless.exe" and after that I have try to search the "Tbs Wireless.exe" file in my system but I m not able to get that file. Please tell me where I can find "Tbs Wireless.exe" file.

you can get the "Tbs Wireless.exe" file by going in to the C driver and after that you have open program files folder and after opening the program files you have to open the Toshiba in that folder you will find the tbs and in that folder you will get the Tbs Wireless.exe file.

Once you get that file after that you have to double click on the Tbs Wireless.exe and then you have to press the FN+F8 key till orange light gets turned on and after that wireless will start working again.

after referring your above steps I have double click on the Tbs Wireless.exe file and after that I have pressed the Fn+F8 key and then wireless gets turned on. Thank you for helping me and fixing my issue.