Thread: Low Audio recording with Toshiba Camileo s20

Low Audio recording with Toshiba Camileo s20

Last week I bought the new Toshiba Camileo s20 and found one problem with this. Actually, if somebody is talking by standing 2 to 3 feet from the camera then voice comes very low. To get the clear sound, one should be very near to the camera, I mean close to the microphone. One other thing that you can do is to speak loudly….lol. And that will make the voice a bit louder. Is this the problem with me or it is same for the other users of it. Thank you so much in advance for replying to this post.

Re: Low Audio recording with Toshiba Camileo s20

I have bought the Camielo H30 but the camcorder is not supported by the special mic settings. Anyway, if you want then you can increase or decrease the volume level but I am unsure that this is going to change the volume for mic as well. You can try with this but if this will not help to amplify the mic volume then I suppose that there is no additional option that could change this.

I think that this is not the problem, it is the way this made. I am also having the same and it is showing me the same thing. This is not expected from Toshiba.

If you are not able to get this resolved then you can simply take this back to the store from where you bought this and ask them about this problem. As you bought this last week then I am sure that it is under warranty period and it will be repaired or exchanged without any problem. This is the best thing that I can suggest you in this condition. So you should do it first before trying anything to this.

There might be some problem with the mic that you are using and so there are two things that you can try and that is either try your mic with some other system otherwise try some other mic with your laptop. This will confirm that whether problem is with the laptop or it is with the mic. Other than this, just go to manufacturer site and from there install the newest version of the drivers available as this could be the driver issue as already suggested above. Make sure that you are downloading the driver update from the official site of manufacturer and not from somewhere else.

If you have already recorded the sound and you wish to raise the volume then you can make use of the MP3Gain.

If the recording volume is extremely low then just verify that the correct recording volume to maximum. Go to settings -> options -> Channels tab -> properties -> open mixer control and adjust the volume to the correct input channel. If you are using a source of 'mic level', make sure you are connected to the microphone input (mic-in) and not on the line (no line-in) sound card. If only one audio input jack on your sound card, see if the Windows Mixer is an advanced option with +15 dB or +20 dB gain. If your sound card only has a line input (line-in) and want to use a microphone signal may need to connect a mic preamp in line.

If you cannot open the Windows mixer, means that the drivers of sound card are not compatible with the Windows mixer interface. Today, it is rarely popular with the cards but it can happen with sound cards provide their own specialized mixer. To fix this you need to manually open the mixer software supplied with the sound card.

If the problem is that one side of a conversation is smoother than the other and is using a call recording adapter then it may be a problem with the adapter. Some of these units cause such problems and is purely a hardware problem that cannot be solved in VRS. Try to set the gain automatically.