Thread: Failed to copy media files on to Toshiba STOR.E TV+ with LAN

Failed to copy media files on to Toshiba STOR.E TV+ with LAN

I have the Stor.e tv+ but problem with this is when try to copy some movie files as of my computer to the Stor.e TV+ through the network then it simply fails to copy that. I tried to send some audio file and that get transferred without any problem but as I do the same with the movie file then it hangs there for some time and finally fails to transfer the file. It shows me the message with two buttons as try again and cancel. If I click on the try again button then it repeats the same thing again. Please help me to resolve this.

re: Failed to copy media files on to Toshiba STOR.E TV+ with LAN

This means that the small size files is getting copied properly and the files having large size is not getting copied which is your movies files. Have you tried with the USB port, if not then you can try to do the same. So just try this as it will be really interesting to know that f it is doing same with the USB or it is just with the LAN connection.

Are you having some firewall protection on your computer? I am asking this as this could be due to that protection that it is not allowing the transfer of file of certain file size. So, just to verify that, you will have to disable the firewall protection in your computer and after doing that you can again try to transfer the same file from LAN to see if that is getting transferred or not. If this is due to the firewall protection then this time you will not have the problem like this.

There might be some problem with the file that you transferring and just to ensure that, try to send some other movie file of approx same size and see if that is getting transferred or not. Please reply back with the result of this.

Just check if the LAN is connected properly or not. If you are not having proper LAN connection then also you will get the issues like this. So just reconfigure the LAN and see if that helps you or not. Other than this, you may also need to change the LAN cable with the new one as this might be the culprit for this issue. So try with these two things and I wish that you will be out of the issue soon.

If the files that you want to transfer are corrupted with the virus then also you might get this problem. So if you are not having any antivirus software installed in your computer then install some good antivirus in that and after that scan your computer. Make sure that the antivirus you are using is having the updated database so that it will not miss any infected files. Clean all the files that are detected as infected and clean them. After you are done with this then just restart your computer and again try to transfer the same file. If this is due to corrupted file then this time it will now problem while transferring that.

You can take a look at this thread as they have mentioned the same thing over here. See if the solution given here is helpful to you or not.

Vista GB LAN Disconnects During Large file Transfer

You can try by making use of the IP address in place of the computer name and check if that is getting transferred or not. Other than this the operating system on the other end might be the culprit for this issue. Disabling the firewall may also help you.

Re: Failed to copy media files on to Toshiba STOR.E TV+ with LAN

This is seems to be the hardware problem and the most likely, it can be the problem with the network card. If you want then yiou can try by replacing this with a new one.