Thread: Which Micro SDHC class suitable for Sony Ericsson Xperia neo

Which Micro SDHC class suitable for Sony Ericsson Xperia neo

I have recently bought this Smartphone recently and I am planning to get looking to change my 8GB MicroSD card with a 16GB MicroSD for my Sony Ericsson Xperia neo now I know this that phone is supporting 32GB but I missing details about what class of the MicroSD is compatible so I have no idea about the classes of MicroSD It got me thinking if it will have an effect on the phone's performance, or it might use up more battery, or it could overheat card or the phone with superior speeds so I want my phone to be increased in efficiency and performance , but worrying about side effects so which class of card will suite to my phone

Re: Which Micro SDHC class suitable for Sony Ericsson Xperia neo

I am saying this with my knowledge I had about this it would not have an effect on the battery life or the phone's performance in a dreadful way.

Well I got myself 16 GB of class 4 SD card in my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i and as soon as I put that card my phone performance extremely sluggish. I would state on standard about 5 times slower than the usual 2GB card it change. Particularly write speed & small files. It took less than 5 mins to duplicate the 2GB of data from the old card to my PC but extra t 90 mins to copy it to the 16GB new card. Copying a 20Mb media file hardly took longer than a 20 kb setting file. I've tried reformatting it FAT32 with my PC no improvement. I consider copying the similar media library to the original SD card to be much faster and secondly thing that I had notice is that I have 55 MB of open space on the phone earlier to changing the card. I dismount the SD card in settings and take out the SD card out with no powering off the phone. Copied the whole thing on the PC, powered off the phone, install new SD card and restarted. Did not make use of the phone during copying. Later than about 5 mins got a warning stating phone memory low. Checked phone memory now giving only 32Mb free. later than 10 mins check once more now it’s giving 25Mb free. Checked 10 mins later now 20 Mb free! It level off at that, but it intended I couldn't do anything necessitate phone memory so had to cut my loss and uninstall some much-loved apps.

That was the past may be the things have changed in new updated version of Android but never heard this kind of problem because of memory card .

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    Well I got myself 16 GB of class 4 SD card in my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i and as soon as I put that card my phone performance extremely sluggish. I would state on standard about 5 times slower than the usual 2GB card it change. Particularly write speed & small files. It took less than 5 mins to duplicate the 2GB of data from the old card to my PC but extra t 90 mins to copy it to the 16GB new card. Copying a 20Mb media file hardly took longer than a 20 kb setting file. I've tried reformatting it FAT32 with my PC no improvement. I consider copying the similar media library to the original SD card to be much faster and secondly thing that I had notice is that I have 55 MB of open space on the phone earlier to changing the card. I dismount the SD card in settings and take out the SD card out with no powering off the phone. Copied the whole thing on the PC, powered off the phone, install new SD card and restarted. Did not make use of the phone during copying. Later than about 5 mins got a warning stating phone memory low. Checked phone memory now giving only 32Mb free. later than 10 mins check once more now it’s giving 25Mb free. Checked 10 mins later now 20 Mb free! It level off at that, but it intended I couldn't do anything necessitate phone memory so had to cut my loss and uninstall some much-loved apps.
    Perhaps a few data that ought to be designed saved by apps to SD card is at the present saved to phone memory since the SD card was missing for a while however free phone memory went down as because of the new SD card

Well even I am planning to change the SD card on the Sony Ericsson Xperia neo so what class is more appropriate to my device to give the maximum performance without any problem I would happy to know about this thanks

The widespread Micro SDHC class speeds. is 2, 4, 6, 10.have a faster speed SD card will make able to phone read and write faster from the SD card. I do not make out the real read and write restrictions of the phone but surely good to have a faster speed SD card. As already had pointed out it should not change the battery life or will not over heat etc,

Well I use a 32GB Class 10 SDHC card in my phone.