Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia neo has security glitch as pattern lock can be bypassed easily

Sony Ericsson Xperia neo has security glitch as pattern lock can be bypassed easily

I got this phone yesterday and already its has shown problem with security. Now my son is 15 yrs old and he like to mess around with my stuffs all the time so to protect my phone form him I set on the pattern lock on my phone and just then he got my phone and start playing with it and I was surprised as I had activated pattern lock . Apparently he called my phone, and replied my phone, pressed back and then be able to click on one of the icons in seconds between the answer screen and the pattern screen can anyone here be able to fix this issue as I will be very glad to know this

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia neo has security glitch as pattern lock can be bypassed easily

This look pretty odd, thanks for the heads up, did you consider using a PIN instead may be that works

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia neo has security glitch as pattern lock can be bypassed easily

Quite a innovative your 15 year old boy but yeah this is true and I have also notice it even with the numeric code lock too using the same method so Sony will you please seem to repair this as if security is not real safety what’s the point in it why do it flash to the main home screen while in reality it should not give other person the choice.

This is great info but did you pass that information to the appropriate department so the suitable actions can be taken on this regard as security is the main objective and I don’t want any stranger accessing any of my phone data in my absence

I already been submitted this info to the support team and no action so far I paid lots of cash for this phone and this is outrageous. Will never buy anything which belongs to Sony Ericsson

Yeah observe myself on my old android phone that surprisingly, you could hit the back button at the time of phone call and access not only the home screen but the whole thing in addition on the phone. Providing the call is connected, the user has just about free access to your supposedly locked phone. This is a issue with the android OS and the kind of same thing you are seeing on your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo I hope this would be fixed soon.

can anyone confirm if this issue is still present on the latest update 4.0.A.2.368 I really want to know this thanks

Hi again latest update the problem has not been rectified yet. Can be made when number locked but harder. This occur because the phone flashed to the desktop for a portion of a second and If the user can able to press any icon on desk top then that opens up which gives them phone access and also each weeks it discontinue asking for my pattern lock. Surprisingly its stop and I have to set it up yet again. adore the phone, just not the pathetic security. Possibly will have to get rid of for that thing that looks like a fruit. Please fix.

Android always have same issue as my previous phone I discovered that you could able turn on Wi-Fi and put in a new Google account to the phone while in the time of unrestricted access when the phone is in a call as explain above and when your call ends, you go back to the home screen and can attempt to enter an wrong lock code 5 times. The handset will notify you and “did you forget your pattern” box emerge at the base of the screen. Just Click on that link, enter in the ID for the newly added Google account and that’s it you can reorganize the unlock sequence and take full access to the phone

Even I had checked that and it’s really a Security crisis the pattern can be bypass on Neo anyone can report the progress on this issue.