Thread: 300 MB internal ROM is limitation for Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray?

300 MB internal ROM is limitation for Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray?

I own a Xpreia Mini ST15i but I love Xperia Ray for the reason that it looks superior. My brother is currently using this phone and it is much thinner & handy. The Ray's screen is the similar width like the Mini except through presently that additional bit of space up on top it makes the entire dissimilarity. Is the 300 MB inner ROM storage free an Android 2.3 restriction? If not, in addition to by FlashROM prices being accordingly low these days, an additional 500Mb - 1GB otherwise further of internal ROM will absolutely offer the phone a huge spirited edge, as running out of internal storage is almost certainly the number one gripe of Android customers.

Re: 300 MB internal ROM is limitation for Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray?

You can only free up memory by deleting apps. The only thing is the internal memory, your system files and apps. So you could also try a custom ROM to run, which probably takes less memory because there are many off demolished. You can also look at what apps you run, some are really big. If you cannot use them you should delete.

Primarily, the internal memory used to store applications and system files. If you choose an Android version 2.2 or later, you will have the good fortune to install these applications on the micro SD card (memory card). By cons, if you do not pay attention to the version of your recent acquisition, it could be that you should uninstall the least used applications before they can re-install a new one. In this case, the phone's internal memory can saturate very quickly and cause real system slowdowns. Sufficient internal memory is a very important point in the choice of purchase.

Sony Ericsson has announced that the Xperia devices in 2011 entered the market from October will be equipped with the latest Gingerbread update, version 2.3.4 of the Android OS. These include the following devices in the Xperia family: Play, Arc, Neo, Pro, Ray, Mini and Mini Pro. The Android 2.3.4 update includes several new features.

On the internal memory, the system apps and the system will be installed antic. If the matters are on it since first time, there is not much for the rest; one cannot just install everything on the SD card. I would advise you to another device