Thread: Modem dropping connection with Toshiba Satellite L650

Modem dropping connection with Toshiba Satellite L650

Hello friends, I am having the L650 laptop which has built in software modem utilized for the dial-up access to the internet. Problem is that that it is dropping the connection. Earlier to this laptop, I was having the desktop PC and that was with the external modem. I used that for 8 years and that never showed me the problem like this. It seems working good when there is no click otherwise the pops evident. This is very irritating and I want to get this resolved as early as possible. So I am posting this over here. If someone of you has anything that can help me then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

re: Modem dropping connection with Toshiba Satellite L650

I would like to tell you that the modem supports the analogue connection and that is the reason that it must be connected to the analog phone line to get the connection. Never connect that with the digital line similar to the ISDN. If you have already completed with the connection and you are getting the problems like this then there is possibility that the phone line is busy and this is very normal thing with this.

I am a bit confused here. If you are using the modem intended for Internet connection then you have the analog phone line and through the analog phone line you will be just able to either call otherwise surf the internet but cannot do both at the same time.

This could be the connection problem. So what you can do is, just disconnect all the things from that and after that connect that over again. Make sure that all the connections are tight. Other than this you can check that if the outlet has dialtone. After that you will have to change the modulation settings for your modem (GDMT, MMODE).

If you want to confirm that the problem is with the phone cable or not then you can simply try with a different cable otherwise try with a different wall socket. If none of the above solutions helps you then you can try to reset the modem to its factory defaults and reconfigure that. But make sure that resetting to factory default is the last option for you if no other possible solutions help you. This is the only thing that I can suggest you and I hope that it will be helpful to you.

One of the best things that you can try is to upgrade the firmware to the latest available. There are more chances that it will solve the problem for you or you can try with a dissimilar modem if possible.

You might be having the hardware conflict. Many of the times I have seen that interior modem cards configured in conflict through another COM port and that will seem to work OK for a few minutes of connection and after that hangs up. You can see that your motherboard com2 port does not interfere through your modem, see your modem documentation intended for instructions on detecting as well as correcting IRQ conflicts. Also, if you contain an Ethernet Card within your computer and an internal modem, it is almost surely causing a number of issues through high speed modem connections.

Re: Modem dropping connection with Toshiba Satellite L650

Just perform the speed test and check that what is the "UPLOAD" speed you are getting and if that is normal or not.