Thread: Sound problem on Toshiba Satellite A300D-11Q

Sound problem on Toshiba Satellite A300D-11Q

There arise the sound issue on my Computer Toshiba (Satellite A300D-11Q), however when it play in Harman Kardon speakers it function normally but when I start the Skype or yahoo messenger the sound suddenly changed and it become fat and pleasant. So are there any problems with my speakers or this are some driver issue. I’m very much upset by such issue so friends I need your help, if you guys have any suggestion then suggest me to overcome the issue.

Re: Sound problem on Toshiba Satellite A300D-11Q

The variation in sound is also depends on the type of file we are playing, for e.g. If we are playing the original VCD or DVD in our system then it sounds good and pleasant. And if we try to hear the piracy CD or DVD it somewhat different than the original one, so according to me, you don’t have the real issue may it is format of file that matter not your system configuration.

The real thing is that, according to me the Messenger is not applicable in the topic of sound or sound quality. The only thing is matter is your Skype or MSN application. May be there is some changes in your players equalizers according to me you should go and try to change the setting for the sound equalizers. And also there is number of sounds effect which is already present in your media player. So try to switch each and every one for resolve your sound issue. And if it doesn’t work for you just connect your head phone and try to examine your sound. If you found that the head phone is working properly then there are the problems in your speakers only and you have to make it solve by visiting to the service center.

May be these problems arise due to bad installation of the driver, or your driver installation is not completed properly , or may some of the system file have been deleted by mistake. So you just uninstall the driver and download the latest one and again install it properly, by the new installation of the driver your sound problems may resolve.

You have to uninstall your driver first the uninstalling process for the driver is as follow:
    Click on the start button and type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then press the Enter. Now in t5her device manager dialog box, expand the tree for the sound and videos related option by just clicking on the (+) sign. Now just locate the audio device for the system. Now right click on that and after that go to the properties. Now click on the Driver tab and select the option for Uninstall. Now mark the option indicating the option i.e. “Delete the Driver Software for this device” and then click OK. This will uninstall your driver and after uninstalling the driver, install the working driver which is in the good condition. Restart your system after installing the driver.

Go for the check for your windows sound setting. Is it properly set or there are some internal changes. Or may it happen that you have installed your OS but forget to install the drivers for the sounds. Or you can simply make the change in the sound driver between audio outputs on internal speakers or you can do it for headphones.

Whenever you face any sound related issue then Just check out whether your volume twisted up is the speaker is muted. Now if you can see there is the speaker option on the right side of the screen in Ubuntu. Double click on that this will launched the volume control application; there are the various slider present in that application. Make sure that none of the slider is muted, and none of the slider is mark up to the zero level. Since if you have install your Ubuntu recently then that may happen all the Speaker volume is turned down by default.

To check the slider setting you can launch Gnome Volume Control application by just pressing u Alt+<F2> and then you have to type “gnome-volume-control” this will display the slider feature present in your Ubuntu, by that feature re-check your slider. And make the necessary setting, and mind not to keep any slider at the Zero level or mute.

If you are facing any sound related problems in your Ubuntu then first check out for the sound modules, see whether your sound module is install properly or not. To check for the sound module you have to first open the terminal window and have to type “find /lib/modules/`uname -r` | grep snd”. There you will find the whole list of items comes up, from there you have to search for the sound module. If you don’t have found that means the upgrade process is missing for the kernel modules for sound. Then you have to fix this by typing “sudo aptitude install linux-ubuntu-modules-`uname -r` linux-generic”. After the installation process is completed. You have to reboot your system.