Thread: How do i move Opera Mobile's cache to sd card

How do i move Opera Mobile's cache to sd card

I am using a HTC Desire and it has a small internal memory and now i am thinking that the Opera Mobile's cache is using a lot of space from my internal memory. I have tried to search those cache but i did not find it anywhere else then opera:config and then disk cache bu i am not finding a way to move it from the internal card to the external SD card.It would have been better to have the cache on SD card without worrying about closing the browser and clearing the browser everytime.

Re: How do i move Opera Mobile's cache to sd card

I think i have a solution for you and it might just work for you.what all you have to do is just create a new folder in the SD card and If the phone is not having a file manager then just download one from the net and after you have it Open opera and just close all the tabs and clear the cache by going in to settings> privacy >clear cache and then go in to opera:config > User Prefs> Cache Directory4 and type the name of the new folder and then go in to opera:config>User Prefs>Operator Cache Directory4 and again type the name of the folder and then press the save button and restart opera and from next time your cache will be saved in your external SD card instead of your internal memory.

You can also switch to the default settings by just pressing the default button which appears bellow the Cache directory4.I will also like to suggest you to create a second sub-folder just under the sdcard/opera and name it as "urlfilter" and then copy urlfilter.ini from your desktop in that folder as this file have a list of block content in the desktop and their location can be very well traced by typing opera:config in your desktop and then you can search for urlfilter and then in the opera mobile under network which is in the preferences editor just select the urlfilter.ini and now the opera mobile wont be able to download the ads that are blocked in your desktop and you will save some memory as well.

You can also use this solution.What you have to do id just go to your file explorer and then just navigate to the \Application Data\Opera 9.5 folder and then Click on "opera" file and when it asks that which program you want to use in order to open the file then select "Notes." and then scroll down to the User Preferences and just insert this,Cache Directory4=\Storage Card\operacache(you can give any name to the operacache) and then just click OK and you are finished with the process.I hope it was quite short and simple.

You all have to also keep in mind that after activating the Opera Link and just before changing the urlfiter location you should probably place the urlfilter.ini file in data/data/com.opera folder which would be the default folder and it will be indicated in opera:config but you wont find it there if you have changed its location i have heard that the opera link is not able to synchronize the blocked content and that's the reason we have to copy the urlfilter.ini from my desktop as the urlfilter.ini can be copied in the data/data/com.opera folder but it is easier as well as better to get it in the sd card.Hope that helps.