Thread: Sony Ericsson xperia NEO won’t connect in MTP mode

Sony Ericsson xperia NEO won’t connect in MTP mode

Hi, I am a sony ericsson user from last couple of years and had used almost 3 to 4 phones from the sony ericsson but never ever had any problem with any of the device as they all works perfectly, but don’t know what could be the problem happened with my Xperia neo as whenever I tried to connect my mobile to the PC with MTP mode it just dropped the connection and won’t connect at all, is there any one here having same problem with their phone? Because I have already tried to find the solution but didn’t get from any site.

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciate.

Re: Sony Ericsson xperia NEO won’t connect in MTP mode

There could be either some problem in the hardware or the software that is been installed in the phone. Because once I was also having the same problem and it was actually because of the phone firmware but I have heard that if we have some problem with the hardware then also we get such a problem with the phone. Thus you should try to make sure about both the things first.

Are getting problem with this mode or with all the mode? Have you tried to connect the mobile in different mode? If not then try that first.

as you have mentioned that your phone used to lose the connection while you connect it to your computer than you should try to make sure whether the phone is connected properly or not, because if there is some problem with the connection only you’ll not be able to connect to any mode.

I would suggest you the same thing as you should try to make sure that the wire that you are using for connection is working perfectly.

You can try to connect the mobile with another wire as well. and if suppose you are able to get the phone connected to the PC that means there is some problem with you data cable and you have to buy it again from the market.

And while connecting the mobile to the PC we should always make sure that we are using the original accessories or it may damage the phone as well, because one of my friend was also having same problem while connecting the mobile due to loose connector of its mobile.

I think there could be some problem with the phones firmware, thus as a quick solution you should try to make resetting to your phone and then see what happens, because I have seen that almost all the problem gets resolved after resetting the phone. You should first of all try soft resetting the device but if you are still getting the same problem with the firmware than you can continue with the hard reset as well, and take back up of your data presented in the mobile or else it would be wiped after hard resetting the phone.

And at last if you are still having any such problem with the phone then you can simply update the firmware of your phone, and I am not sure whether the phone will work perfectly or not but still you can try for sure.

I am also thinking that there is some problem with the mobile hardware only, because I have tried to update the firmware as well, but still having the same problem either with the phone or some of its accessories.

So please let me know whether I am able to claim the warranty for the accessories or not?

I think though you have update the firmware but along with that the most important thing is to make sure whether the device software that we have installed in the PC is working or not, because it might be possible that the software is not able to recognize the mobile you have connected to the PC.

And by the way there is no doubt as whether you can claim the warranty or not, off course you can do this, but before that according to me you should try to reinstall the PC suit in your PC. while you are installing the software you should first of all remove the previous software or else you may get the same problem in the phone.

are you sure that the USB port that you are using is working properly? You should try to connect the phone to another port.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should try to claim the warranty from the service center, but before that let me tell you as there are certain rules and regulations that you have to follow in order to claim the warranty. I mean to say there is particular time period is assigned to each and every accessories of the phone and if suppose you have exceed those period than you may have to pay for getting any service from the service center.

But though you have to buy any of the accessories from there , go ahead as you’ll not get the same from outside, rather you’ll get the original from there.