Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia neo won’t start, seems dead until the battery is removed and put back in

Sony Ericsson Xperia neo won’t start, seems dead until the battery is removed and put back in

Hi, I have recently bought a newer mobile but don’t know what could be the problem with it as It seems dead and won’t start until the battery is removed and put back in. and that’s why I am not getting what could be the problem because as the phone is newer there is very lesser charge of having any such problem in the phone, isn’t it ?

And though it gets started, but after sometimes stuck and switched off itself and again the same routine as to start the phone I have to make battery pull to the mobile.

Any suggestion what could be the problem with the phone? Any would be appreciated.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia neo won’t start, seems dead until the battery is removed and put back in

See there could be so many reasons that can causes such a problem to the phone, in other words it might be because of either hardware or the software. thus according to me you should try to test both the things first and then only try to turn it on because it may lead to damage any particular hardware if you continue using it same way as you have mentioned in the problem section.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia neo won’t start, seems dead until the battery is removed and put back in

I think there could be some problem with any accessories of your mobile, I mean to say are you sure that the charger and the battery that are using is perfectly working? Because they are the only reason that can cause such a problem to the device.

According to me if you have another rather substitute peripheral then you should make use of it in and then see what happen, in other words you have to charge your device through another charger and if suppose you are having same problem with the device that means there could be some probem with the battery, thus you can make use of another battery as well and if the same thing is happening and you are not getting what could be the problem then to visit the service center is the best option for replacing the existing hardware accessories you have.

have you ever dropped the mobile from height or any such incident happened with the mobile ? because if there is any physical damage to the phone then you’ll be able to claim the warranty rather you have to repair the whole hardware of your phone.

I was also having similar problem in my phone and in fact tried too much to figure out the problem but didn’t got the solution but after such a huge approach I came to know that there is some problem with the application I had installed an some of them were actually corrupted in such a manner that I was not able to get it work again, and the worst thing was like it was affecting the mobile as well exactly the same way you have mentioned in the problem sections.

But after removing that application everything was working perfectly in the phone and thus I would like to recommend you the same thing as you should try to remove all the application that you have installed before you started getting this kind of problem in the phone.

And as the extent to I know the main problem is with the third party application, and thus you don’t have to make far search rather you can remove all such application and see what happens.

are you sure that you are not having any problem with the SD card, because any viruses or such threats would be keep in the SD card will also make the phone function this was.

According to me try to turn on the phone without entering the memory card in it, and if you are not getting any problem that simply means there is some problem with the content and thus you should try to delete all the content from the mobile and then re-insert the data again if you wish to.

I think there is some problem with the current firmware that you have installed in the phone thus and for this you have to have a quick solution as you should try to reset the firmware of your mobile. I hope you must be aware about the method to do that.

There are two different methods that you can make use of that’s either soft reset and the hard resetting the firmware. while you make a soft resetting all the previous setting will be recovered to your phone and this is also called as factory resetting the phone, but would be not wiped anything from the phone. But when it concerns to hard resetting, it will wiped out all the data presented in the phone and will recover the previous data again to the phone. And thus it would be better if you make a backup first of messages and contact and other useful information from your phone.

I am agree with the above user but still I would say there could be any problem in your firmware and resetting will just recover the previous settings and bit data to the mobile. But that doesn’t mean the phone will work the way you have expected.

And for that according to me you should try update the firmware of your phone rather than resetting the firmware.

I have the same opinion as the above user like if we are having any problem with the firmware so sure it would be resolved after firmware update, but if suppose you are still having the same problem that simply means there is some hardware problem in your mobile.

Don’t try to open it as it may lose your warranty.

I have done all the things you have mentioned but seems the phone is really dead and will not run for sure. Any more suggestion left?

I think the best option would be to visit the service center because if suppose you are still having the problem then I don’t think this is any small problem rather you must be having any serious problem with the phone’s hardware and at this moment if you made a repair from outside then you may lose the phone warranty as well, thus don’t ever disassemble the phone on your own or through any other technician.

And as you must have warranty period remaining, so it would be better to show your phone to the service center and have a good service from there., in fact if there would be any problem with the hardware then it would be replaced for free for sure.