Thread: Video calling on sony ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

Video calling on sony ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

Hi, I have recently purchased a Sony ericsson Xperia Mini Pro and want to use a video calling facility on the mobile, but don’t know how can I use it as I have never ever used it previously. but please let me know both the techniques that we can use as I have read on some website as we can make video calls traditionally and with third party application as well. so want to know about both the method.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Video calling on sony ericsson Xperia Mini Pro

See that’s quite good as you are about to make video call through the traditional method but still I would like to tell you that for making call this way you have to be aware as the network operator that you use supports this facility or else you’ll not be able to use It however. And apart from this method you can simply make use of another trod party application and that’s the good option however because the thing is like with the traditional method you must have to have 3G plans activated on your carrier plan.

Thus according to me you should try to make call through application only, because through that you can either make call free or by paying lesser charge.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to make calls through the software only because it is not necessary to just paid money by making calls through the mobile’s by default.

You can simply visit this link as well for better description about making video calls through skype.

Do Sony Ericsson Xperia active supports video call

Thanks for the suggestion you have made but still when tried all the mentioned steps in that thread I got the software installed properly but when I tried to make call through it, it was showing some error and I was not able to make call. Don’t know what could be the problem with it, any idea?

Have you installed latest version of skype in your mobile or you are just using any older versions software? because see there are too many problems with the older version but if you try with the newer one you’ll be able to make calls for sure, though I don’t have the same phone but I have installed the newer version and through that I can make video calls to all my favorite contacts.

But apart from this if suppose you have already installed the newer one but still having problem with making calls then there could be some problem with the version that you have installed in your mobile. so according to me you should try to uninstall the version that you have installed and reinstall the same version. And if possible than you should try to install the software downloaded from another source apart from the one you have already download.

Ensure that “Enable Skype Video” is marked under Video Settings. The significant thing to understand is that to make a video call you first make a voice call.

because see once the voice call is recognized you can click on "Start My Video", which come into view just on top of the big Call and End Call buttons after making call.

I have the same opinion as the above user but still let me tell you as though make calls through the software, you should make sure whether your internet connection is perfectly active and working. Because though you don’t have to have 3G connection but still and faster and active connection is needed for sure. Thus make sure the internet connection is working.

If you are still having problem with the mobile, then I think there could be some problem with your device’s firmware.

And for that you can try to reset the firmware, because through that you can have idea whether there is some problem in your firmware or the wireless router that you are using or the internet plan you have activated from your network operator.

(NOTE: It would be better if you make a backup of your important content because hard resetting will wipe all the things from the device.)

I was also having same problem with my device but haven’t got it resolve even after resetting the firmware but after changing it, I was able to make video calls perfectly.

Thus I am agree with the above user as you should try to reset the phone software but if that couldn’t help you then you should try to update the firmware as well.