Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIFI not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

WIFI not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

Hi, I have recently bought a new mobile from sony ericsson that’s Xperia Ray and really it works very good no doubt, but still I have noticed one glitch with the mobile yesterday as whenever I was trying to connect to WIFI it was showing error with the connection. Actually it happens as when i turn on wifi, the phone scan again and connect again and again, as I mean to say it cannot hold the connection and the worst thing is like this go on and on until i switch off wifi.

Any idea what could be the problem with the phone, any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: WIFI not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

See there could be some many problems with either phone or with the wireless router that you have installed in your phone. And that’s why you should try to test both the thing one after another.

But as far as I know there could be some problem with your router setting only because as you have mentioned that you have purchased the phone recently that there couldn’t be any problem with the phone, thus according to me you should first of all try to make sure whether the settings at both the end is made perfectly.

While it comes to wireless network we have to always make sure that we are trying to access the router from particular specified range because see though we think that the WIFI is near to the device but still if there could be some obstacle in between then also it would not get connected to the router and sometimes it happens as though it gets connected to the network, it cannot hold the connection rather it just continuously dropped it.

Apart from this we should always ensure that whenever we get connected to the router we need to provide the username and the password for establishing connection thus you should ensure whether you are entering perfect SSID and password that is required.

Have you ever tried to connect your mobile to other network ever? If not then you should at least try to do that as is you are able to connect to outside network that means surely there is some problem with the router you have or the settings that you have made for that.

If you have found the problem with your network only you should try to reset you router firmware and then again try to connect your mobile.

you should try to make use of any WIFI application or any hotspot application to connect your mobile.

I think there could be some problem with the firmware that you are using in your mobile, and it is not able to connect to wireless router thus according to me for a while you should try to make factory reset to your device, because this is the thing that actually resolves too many mobile issues whether they are know or unknown.

There is two technique and I hope you must have heard about this as we can do this by either soft resetting and hard resetting the device, thus while it concerns to hard resetting its quite better to take a backup of important content from the mobile so that while the mobile get reset you can restore all the content again to your phone, and don’t backup the older settings rather try to configure settings again.

When we connect the mobile there are too many securities and the encryptions are alredy made while we make use of preconfigured settings thus you should try to connect the device by disabling those security settings and then connect it again.

ok, will you please let me know, through which connection you are trying to connect the phone? As I mean to say through WPA or through WEP? Because see I have the same mobile and it gets connected properly with WPA settings, thus If you are using WEP settings then you should try to make switch the setting to router as well as in the mobile and then see what happens.

I think I am agree with the above user as you should try to reset the firmware but still I have some different recommendation as if suppose you are willing to reset the phone so there is no such harm in updating the firmware you have currently installed. In fact that would be the best option in fact because resetting the firmware may not help you with this kind of problem if there is some problem with the firmware.

Thus you should try to make a firmware update to your mobile and then see what happens next, and apart from this there is another way as well, like if you haven’t updated the router firmware also from long time then you should try to do that as well.

And the router firmware will be available on its respective website only, and thus I would like to suggest you that you should get the firmware from there only rather than some other source. And while updating the firmware you can go through the manual as well so that you can have idea about updating it.

once I was also having the same problem with my Xperia X10 , and after such a huge effot I came to know that there was some problem with the WIFI standard thus, ensure that in the settings you have selected the one which is actually supported by your router, you have to set it to either B,G or N according to your router specification.

I think there is some problem with my device only, because I have tried to connect too many other phones With my router and they perfectly get connected without any hesitation, and I have changed all the possible settings known to me.

Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

I think you should try to visit the service center because it seems that there is some serious problem with the phone’s WIFI only, and though you don’t find any glitch with that but it is better to visit there.

And as you have mentioned that you have bought the mobile recently thus it might be possible that if there could be some problem with the hardware you’ll get an replacement for that particular hardware for sure.

WIFI not working in Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

Hi KP,
    I am also facing the same problem with my Sony Ericsson Xperia ray which I bought 4 days back. Connection is intermittent. My router is Linksys WRT54G which uses 802.11B/G wireless technology. Secondly I am to connect my Dell laptop as well as Nokia X6 through same router. Kindly suggest some solution, if you could find....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kp View Post
    Hi, I have recently bought a new mobile from sony ericsson that’s Xperia Ray and really it works very good no doubt, but still I have noticed one glitch with the mobile yesterday as whenever I was trying to connect to WIFI it was showing error with the connection. Actually it happens as when i turn on wifi, the phone scan again and connect again and again, as I mean to say it cannot hold the connection and the worst thing is like this go on and on until i switch off wifi.

Any idea what could be the problem with the phone, any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem. Same phone Xperia Ray for 2 days now. When i turn on my Wifi it starts to connect but after few seconds my internet connection fails. I know that form my computer. Because the internet connection is online then offline then online and so on again on my pc when my phone Wifi is on. So that is the strangest thing. It is not that the wifi of my phone intervals but due to my phone's wifi the internet connection fails. Not the router, because i can see on my pc that it is still connected to my router but no internet connection. After few seconds the internet is on again, then my phone connects again through wifi to my router and to internet and then internet fails again. That just goes up and down again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by leroypollie View Post
    I have exactly the same problem. Same phone Xperia Ray for 2 days now. When i turn on my Wifi it starts to connect but after few seconds my internet connection fails. I know that form my computer. Because the internet connection is online then offline then online and so on again on my pc when my phone Wifi is on. So that is the strangest thing. It is not that the wifi of my phone intervals but due to my phone's wifi the internet connection fails. Not the router, because i can see on my pc that it is still connected to my router but no internet connection. After few seconds the internet is on again, then my phone connects again through wifi to my router and to internet and then internet fails again. That just goes up and down again and again.
    What is the make of model of the router that you have? You can try to upgrade the firmware of the router that you have and then change encryption to WPA2 Personal and remove WMM support in the router and use a router channel nthat is not disturbed by neighbours (serach for inSSIDER 2.0). Also set "Sleep settings for wireless" to "Never when connected" and this will surely fix the wifi issue that you are facing with Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast