Thread: Unable to get internet connection after software update in Sony ericsson Xperia neo

Unable to get internet connection after software update in Sony ericsson Xperia neo

Hi guys I am using Sony Ericsson Xperia neo mobile phone which has Android 2.3 and I like this mobile phone. few days back I have done software update in my mobile phone and after doing the software update when I tried to connect the internet from my mobile phone at that time it doesn’t get connected. please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: Unable to get internet connection after software update in Sony ericsson Xperia neo

it looks like after dong the software update all the settings of the mobile phone comes back to the default and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first check whether internet setting in your mobile phone is proper or not. after doing all the setting properly when you will try to connect the internet from your mobile phone at that time you will not get any issue.

Re: Unable to get internet connection after software update in Sony ericsson Xperia neo

as you have mentioned that in your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo you have don’t the software update and that is why I would like to tell you that you have to first ask for the internet setting to your operator service and after that they will send you the internet setting to your mobile phone and then you have to save it. after saving the setting you have to restart the mobile phone and after restarting the mobile phone try to connect the internet from your mobile phone and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

if after saving the setting and restarting the mobile phone also If you are still facing the same issue then you have to delete that setting from your mobile and after that switch off the mobile phone and after that you have to start the mobile phone again and after that you have to do all the internet setting again and after that you have to check whether you are able to use the internet or not. I think after doing the internet setting manually in the Sony Ericsson Xperia neo you will be able to connect the internet.

if you want to do the internet setting manually in your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo then you have to follow this steps.

• first you have to go to the setting and after going in to the setting you have tap on the Wireless Networks.
    • After tapping on the Wireless Networks you will see the Mobile networks option.
    • now open the open the Mobile networks and after that you have to click on the APN.
    • After opening the APN press the menu key.
    • after pressing the menu key you have to click on the Add New.

After that you have to do all the network operator setting and after doing that setting you have to save it and after that you have to try to use the internet and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. I hope after doing that your problem will get solved.

if you are facing the same problem after that also then I will suggest you to first insert any other SIM card in your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo mobile phone and after inserting the SIM card you have to check whether you are able to connect the internet or not. if you are able to connect the internet after that then I think problem is with your ISM card only and if you are facing the same problem changing the SIM card then problem is with your mobile phone.

after trying the above solution also if you are getting the same issue with your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo then I think something went wrong during the software update first try to fix it by resetting the Sony Ericsson Xperia neo otherwise Visit the service center.

I have asked for the internet setting to my network operator and after have they have send me the network setting and after saving that setting also I was getting the same issue. now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by doing the setting manually and after doing the setting manually my problem get solved. in my mobile phone al the things are working properly now except Opera. whenever I try to use Opera in my mobile at that time mobile freezes.

If anyone having the same problem and have solution then please let me know any help will be appreciated.

if you are facing the problem while connecting the internet from Opera and with other browser if the internet connection is ok then I think problem is with the Opera browser only. I will suggest you to uninstall the browser from your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo and after removing the Opera you have to install it again and after that check whether you are able to use the Opera or not. I am suggesting you this solution because I was also having the same issue with the Opera and after that I have reinstalled it in my mobile phone and after reinstalling that my problem get solved. try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you have installed the Opera from the Android market in your Sony Ericsson Xperia neo then I will suggest you uninstall the Opera from your mobile phone and after uninstalling the Opera you have to visit the official website of the Opera from your mobile phone and after that you have to download the opera from there and after that install it in your mobile phone and after installing the Opera open it and check whether you are able to connect the internet or not.

I have downloaded the Opera from the official web site and after that when I have installed it and open it at that time it worked file. Now I am not having issues while using Opera. Thank you for helping me fixing my problem. I really appreciate your help.

ThumbsUp Re: Unable to get internet connection after software update in Sony ericsson Xperia neo

Hi,

Don't know if this was resolved but I was getting this error following a software update on the phone and I fixed it by installing the PC software and performing a repair. It will wipe the phone but will keep most recent update and for me fixed the access issue. Resending settings didn't do anything in my case as I don't think they had been deleted just a bug without that update.

Hope this helps I only registered to say!

Ben