Thread: How to restore Nokia X6 mass storage

How to restore Nokia X6 mass storage

I was having some problem with the Nokia X6 MTP USB device and was searching for the issue. On a site, I found that it was mentioned that I need to format the mass storage of my phone and all the things will be fine after this. I am very sure that I have backed up before formatting the storage but now problem is that, I am not able to restore back my stuff. Whenever I try to do that then it tells me that there is nothing to restore. Can someone help me to get this problem resolved? I have tried all the things that I know to get this resolved but all that failed. Please help me.

Re: How to restore Nokia X6 mass storage

You have not mentioned that how and where you stored the Back-up? It will be helpful for us to give you the solution for this if you can post with this thing.

I assume that you have done the backup from C memory to E as there is no other way to do this. Therefore, if you are not having the backup as of Ovi Suite to your computer then I think that you have lost all the things and there is no other way to get this resolved. Other than this, I would like to tell you that the backup utility on your phone itself is to obtain a copy of the phone memory C.

A very important detail and often not taken into account are the backup. You must have a copy of our data stored on the phone, it is essential and that is why from Nimbuzz we would like to speak about an ideal application for make these copies from your Nokia phone. For Nokia phones there is a very interesting application to back up our information and data stored on mobile phones with Symbian and it is Rseven . This application for Nokia Symbian phones also available for Android and Blackberry, will allow you to store your contacts, your calendar (calendar), and the recording of calls, text messages (SMS) and multimedia messaging (MMS), your e -mail, images, audio files, videos on your computer. Make backup of all data from your Nokia Symbian.

I am agree with the above post and can confirm that the Rseven will be helpful to you. Rseven is a free application and is available from the OVI Store. Moreover, in its latest version also allows you to schedule backups automatically, that is, once you have configured then does not have to worry about remembering to do the backup.

A simple backup of all important data on Nokia phones is the Oxygen Express that will enable the backup. Cell phones are increasingly mutating to personal data storage. When the phone is lost or damaged then Addresses, SMS, e-mails, appointments, photos, or about internet favorites are lost and must be reentered. And when a model changes, the data can usually not be easily transferred from the old model to the new device. These problems will be resolved with the help of "Oxygen Express eliminate ". The PC-Tool is a development of the Russian company Oxygen Software and is used for backup and restores data and settings from Nokia phones. It also offers supplier claims a number of functions that the software of the mobile phone manufacturer does not offer. To save Oxygen Express as opposed to "PC Suite" from Nokia and a complete copy of the complete cell phone data and settings on disk. And unlike the data synchronization with Outlook or other "PIM" programs (Personal Information Manager) tools put the data in exactly the same structure as on the phone.

Below is the steps for doing the backup of the nokia Phone and I hope that this will be helpful to you.
    1. First if all connect the phone you want to restore information from the computer via a USB cable. You can also use a Bluetooth connection, but will be somewhat slower. It is possible that the phone will ask how you want to connect. Select PC Suite and then OK. We recommend connecting the phone to a charger for the restore operation.
    2. Nokia Ovi Suite, select Tools> Restore.
    3. Select a backup from the dropdown menu and choose the information you desire to restore. The default for every phone is the most recent backup.
    4. Press Start to start the restore on your phone. Don’t disconnect otherwise turn off the phone while the restoration process. If you need to abort the restore, select stop. Nokia Ovi Suite will stop the restoration once it reaches a safe point.
    5. Click Finish to close the Backup Wizard.

I would like to tell you that you can make use of the Nokia Content Copier and this will permit you to restore data but to use that you should have the backup file of data that you wish to restore.

Just see that what can the pc suite or ovi suite can do0 for you in this case. Make use of the data cable to make the connection between your phone and the computer and then try to restore that also with PC Suite and Ovi suite, go to the phone menu / applications / file manager / backup and I will keep in the external memory of the phone, not on C:. I hope this will be helpful to you.

There is no way to restore that. I have searched and tried a lot of things with my phone but none of them was helpful to me. So I finally accepted the fact that it is not possible and you should accept that too.