Thread: How to upgrade Opera mini browser in Nokia X2-00

How to upgrade Opera mini browser in Nokia X2-00

Hi I am a new Nokia user and I am using Nokia X2-00. And I like this phone. I am core internet user. And I want to know about the opera mini browser of this phone. Actually I am using Nokia X2 integrated Opera mini browser and its version is 4.2. And now I want to update it to the opera mini 5 version. So is it possible to update it? I try to find about this but did not get any useful information about this. So please help me and clear my doubt.

Re: How to upgrade Opera mini browser in Nokia X2-00

As per my knowledge you can update it to the advance version of opera mini in this phone. The only condition is if it’s available in your country. You can perform this from the OVI store. And it’s available for Nokia X2-00. So go with it. If you are having any further query then post back here I will try to solve your confusion.

Hello I am having this same query. And as you are saying its possible then how I can perform this are there any steps for this? I am total noob in this kind of updating. So can you please explain it in more detail? Sorry for this stupid question but I really don’t know about it.

To perform this you have to visit the official site of the opera mini. And from there you will get the Opera mini beta 5.1 version for symbian phones. If you don’t know the site then click on a following link and then download the new version for your phone.
    m.opera.com

Hello thank you for your response on my query. Can you please answer one more question? Can I update the preinstall opera mini version of Nokia X2. Is there any option available in settings menu for updating the new version? As per your link, if I download the new version for it then it will install it separately. So is it possible to update the preinstalled application? Please answer me this so it will clear my total doubt. I hope you will answer me for this.

It’s a good question but sadly you cannot perform this on Nokia X2. Basically it’s not allowing you to update any preinstalled application. So you have to keep it separately. I hope now you are clear with your all doubts.