Thread: How to turn off auto lock from keypad in nokia E5-00?

How to turn off auto lock from keypad in nokia E5-00?

I have recently purchased a nokia e5-00 smartphone for myself. I like this phone and it suit my requirements very well. Everything thing is working fine except one thing and that is the locking system of the phone. I am not able to stop the keypad form automatic locking. I am really very much excited and also little annoyed. I would like to hear from all of you. Has anybody faced this issue with them before? Please kindly tell me this. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to turn off auto lock from keypad in nokia E5-00?

I have faced the same issue with me. I also have the same phone. When I am on some application which is running, I have noticed the keypad automatically gets locked. This frustrates me a lot. I have been using nokia phones since long and I have never faced such problems with nokia phones in the past. I would request nokia to please remove some patch or firmware that will solve this issue.

Well you can install the latest firmware but I think that would not solve the problem of yours. You can just try out this. Go to the menu>> then go to control panel settings>> general>>security>>phone and sim card>> keypad auto lock period. Here you just need make settings and your problem will get resolved. I hope it helps. If it doesn’t help then I would say that please reply me so that I can give you some other solution.

I have a nokia e5 phone. I am getting problem like I am getting keypad lock pop on every 5 minutes and this is annoying me a lot. When this comes, I have to also enter the security code all the time to unlock. I have searched a lot regarding this but when I go to the security setting to change, I see that it is set to 5 minutes and the time cannot be increased anyway. I want to keep only one thing on and not the both. I don’t see any way of doing this. Currently I have to press the unlock button and the button next to it and enter password to access.

Well I would like to know that has anyone found a solution to this? If anybody has then kindly let me know. Please tell me how to turn off the lock? Every time I set the Phone auto lock period to none, it says 'Unable to unlock phone’. I don’t know what to do.