Thread: Nokia E7 destroyed after symbian anna update

Nokia E7 destroyed after symbian anna update

Actually I have recently got a nokia e7 phone. I like this phone. i have lots of applications that I run like quickoffice 7, skype. All these applications were working fine before getting the anna update. I did not install it actually. I don’t know how it came on my phone. Just after the anna update, all my applications have stopped working. I had purchased little software but now after anna update I am not able to install them. I used to connect my Bluetooth printer but now I am not able to. Please also tell that is there any way of downgrading to the previous version? I am really annoyed. I don’t know what to do? Any suggestions regarding this would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: Nokia E7 destroyed after symbian anna update

I would like to know that did you try to run any symbian anna update ½ and symbian anna update 2/2? Let me tell you that these packages have the quickoffice and other programs. I would say that you can try re-installing symbian anna via ovi suite. For this, I think you should visit the official website of nokia to learn more. I hope it helps.

I would say that try to contact the local nokia care center. You call them on the customer care number and speak to them regarding this issue. You can also contact the nokia guys by visiting the nokia website online.

Well I understand how bad it is. Let me tell you that I faced the same problem with my nokia 5800. My condition was not like yours. I just didn’t like the update very much. Currently I am using nokia e7 phone and I have decided to be with the symbian 3 even if belle comes. As far as I know nokia doesn’t allow you to downgrade once you have upgraded. If you want to downgrade then I would say that visit some unauthorized mobile repairmen. I think that they might find success in re-installing the old symbian in the phone. But remember that this will void the remaining warranty of your phone.

My friend had the same problem. He has actually updated his phone with all anna updates but he said that nothing improved. He had just got the quickoffice 7 but anna update destroyed everything. There are many people who are complaining about this but I don’t know that whether nokia co has any solutions for all this or no.

I think nokia people are totally responsible for this and we can’t do anything except complaining. I would request nokia to help us if they really care about us. I would request nokia to test any upgrade they are releasing for several times atleast before we have to use it. I would say that nokia e7 was the best phone so far nokia brought but nokia spoilt it.

I think that you should try to get the symbian 3 versions from a local market as it is not available over the market. I have heard that now they are releasing belle. I think that symbian belle would be worst than the anna.

I would suggest you to get your phone re-flashed. You must take your phone at the nokia care point. I think re-flashing won’t affect the warranty available to you for phone. As far as I think, it will resolve the issues mentioned. I had few issues with anna update but my phone is working absolutely fine now. I would say that don’t to reflash it by you as it could turn out to be very risky. It is always better to get the phone re-flashed from an expert. You can also get it reflashed from any mobile repairmen available near your place.

Well I had two major issues with anna update. I was very much annoyed and was about sell off my phone. So somebody recommended me to get the phone re-flashed. I took my phone to the nokia gallery and got it re-flashed. After the re-flashing, my both the major issues got resolved. I think even you should go for re-flashing as I think it would also resolve your issue.

My Friend too had faced dew problems regarding this update. He had got anna update and after that update his phone started to create problems. He then had to take the phone to the nokia gallery. They said that phone cannot be made fine and hence he had to sell that phone off.

To overcome the installation issue, press the menu button and keep it pressed until the task menu opens. There kill the installer by selecting the X. After a short while the installation should proceed and finalize.
    This solved it for me and app installation does work again.