Thread: Nokia X7, stuck at black screen while playing a game

Nokia X7, stuck at black screen while playing a game

Yesterday I got a Nokia X7 and today when I was busy in playing a game, suddenly its screen went black. Then I thought that it has been locked automatically, therefore I tried pressing the button and then touching where it said unlock but it didn’t unlocked. It just started vibrating and then nothing. Then I tried to turned it off but it was not turning off and the only thing it was doing was vibrating when I was touching where it says unlock. I am just confused about what is happening with my this newly bought phone. Please, help me to overcome this serious issue.

Re: Nokia X7, stuck at black screen while playing a game

I think I have understood that what is the problem you are facing with your phone. I can understand that it would be very irritating as you bought your phone yesterday only and today you got such a serious issue. But don't worry, I think I have a working solution for this issue with your phone. It seems that your Nokia X7 is now frozen and that is the reason why you are not able to do anything with your phone. Had you tried to press the power off button? Also try to remove and re-insert the sim card and memory card both. This works in most of these cases. After that when your phone starts then you should do a hard reset your Nokia X7. After doing a hard reset your phone will completely start working normally and all the problems will get fixed.

I have tried to turn it off and then again on but it is locked now also and it is not unlocking. As you said I will try to remove sim card and memory card and then I will see if it works or not on my phone. However, I don’t know how to do a Hard reset? If you know how to do that then please tell me the steps so that I can do that.

Here is how you can do a Hard reset your Nokia X7. First press and hold” Camara key + Volume Down Key+ Menu Key” and at the same time press power button until your Nokia X7 vibrates. Now, it will do by itself. After you finish doing hard reset, some of your application may get removed, but now your phone will be working without any problem.

I didn’t understood what you mean by the menu key. Do you want to say the unlock button? And also, how much time it will take, because it didn’t worked when I tried to do so.

You can find the power button on the top this button you have to press in the last. Menu key is the black button that is on your phone. So, just hold down all the three keys that I mentioned previously, which are meny key, volume down key and the camera key. Now, at the same time when you are holding all the three keys, press the power key. Press and hold all the keys until your phone vibrates and nokia logo gets displayed on your mobiles screen.

hello .. while i was using nimbuzz with my x7 i tried to open a song but the mobile was like a coctail , so i pressed the lock button and tried to unlock but it was frozen nd its been 5 hours .. i tried every way u said above but it didnt work .. so what should i do??

Quote Originally Posted by justbnar View Post
    it was frozen nd its been 5 hours .. i tried every way u said above but it didnt work
    Did you tried removing the battery and connecting it again ?? If yes, is it still like before ?? hows that possible. Ok is it just frozen or you getting the Black Screen as above user is facing ?? Need to know this before i can suggest you anything more. Or simply get it to Nokia Care. Do reply.

u cant remove battery from x7!!! it was frozen and the big clock nd unlock button there .. but i left it till the charge finished , i recharged it and i guess its ok now

i've tried everything said here and nothing will work. the phone is obviously on, i can still press buttons and feel vibrations but the screen is pitch black and i cant see a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Grungey View Post
    i've tried everything said here and nothing will work. the phone is obviously on, i can still press buttons and feel vibrations but the screen is pitch black and i cant see a thing
    Can you try to press the the power on/off key is on top this is the last button to press. So hold the volume down key the camera key and the menu key(black button) hold all three down the press the power on/off key. Hold all keys down until you feel the phone vibrate and see the nokia logo and see if that solves the nokia x7 black screen issue.

thank you! it works! my little sister stopped crying