Thread: Nokia x7 update keeps failing

Nokia x7 update keeps failing

I have bought a new Nokia X7 phone some weeks ago and now the problem i am facing is that whenever i am trying to update my phone software by using OVI 3.1.1.90 i am getting an error message which says "something went wrong hence the update failed",i don't remember the error properly but i remember the error code it is 12070.I don't know whats the problem and i don't know how to solve it as well.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

re: Nokia x7 update keeps failing

You can try this out,i think this would work for you just try updating it directly using your device by going to Menu > Applications > SW update.Though your error is not that clear to suggest you something more about you,so before i suggest you anything more just tell me at what stage of the updating process you come across the error? just be clear enough so i could help you out to solve this and also keep a note of the error if it fails while updating directly through the phone as well.

You need to specify your problem more clearly bu anyways you can try this out as well.what all you have to do is just connect your phone to your computer and then open your NOKIA OVI Suite and then just Go to Tools then go to Options and then into My Devices and then click on "Install Support Software" and try to update it and check if it works.You can also try the other way out by trying to update it by the Nokia software updater (NSU). I have solved my software updating problem using the first method and it had worked for me so i just Hope this would work for you.Best of luck

Even i have the same software problem and i am getting stuck while its checking the units supporting software because of which the downloading process actually does not starts at all the ovi suite keep saying that my phone software is up to date where as the PC Suite or the Nokia software uploader says that it does not support my software.I have been updating my previous nokia software using the same but now i don't have any idea that why it is not working with my X7.Is there any one who have face the same problem and can help me out to sort this as well.Any suggestion to sort this will be appreciated.

I have came across this problem a no of times where the ovi suite and even the Nokia software uploader keeps saying that your software is up to date though they are just not,Here the problem is that the ovi suite that you must be using wont be the latest version hence it is just failing the process without actually staring the downloading or the updating process,so what you have to do is first get a latest version of the ovi suite or the pc suite and then try updating it and you will surely be able to get it work and finally you will be able to update your phone software as well.I have solved my problem in the same way and i am sure that this solution will solve your problem too.

Re: Nokia x7 update keeps failing

I am using the Phone version 021.013 and even i am experiencing the same problem since a couple of day.I have already checked a no of Nokia website and have also noticed that 022.014 is the latest version and i am using the Nokia software uploader (3.0.495) which keep saying that I have the latest software ans same does the Ovi software (3.1.1.90) though i have downloaded the latest version of the Nokia software uploader as well as the ovi suite but nothing seems to have been working i have also tried to update it by going in to the Menu->Applications->Tools-> and have tried updating the software but it keeps failing.Any helping suggestion for this will be appreciated.