Thread: iPod Touch fails to connect to my wireless network?

iPod Touch fails to connect to my wireless network?

I have just now bought a 16GB iPod Touch which is very well able to connect to the other networks but unfortunately it not able to connect to mi own wireless network i don't know whats the problem.I have already tried restarting my phone as well as the router but i don't think anything is working out at all.can it be because of the password protection in my network? I have tried entering the password in my phone and it appears to take it fine in order to connect but i am not able to use the network for anything it just keeps saying that the phone is not connected to the wireless network.Is there any one having a idea about this kind of error.Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: iPod Touch fails to connect to my wireless network?

Before i suggest you anything can you just tell me that what kind of encryption you are using? so it would help me to actually understand your problem.As far as my knowledge that The "iPod Touch" is likely to supports WEP and WPA and unfortunately WPA2 is not supported by it so if you are using the WPA2 then just Try to disable the security for sometime in order to check it out if WPA2 is causing the problem in your case but if you think it not then there might be some problem with the router but first check whether disabling the security works for you or not.

I have a iPod Touch and by now it was working very well with my wireless connection and i hardly had any problem so far but now the safari is is failing to connect to the internet though my iPhone wi-fi is very well able to detect my wireless network.I don't know what went wrong whenever i am going through safari and then i type anything like "Google" i am instantly getting a page saying "cant find the server".I have tried solving it through the ways i could have but have not been able to fix it.Any suggestion in solving this out will be appreciated.

You can just try this out and check whether if it works,just go to your phone wireless settings and after you choose your network at the right there will be a button which looks like ">" so click on it and just check if you are getting an IP address and if you are getting an IP address then i think there should not be an problem with the wireless and just tell me what kind of error you are getting? is this the problem only with the safari or with any other like youtube and all? when you are trying to open your browser so i can help you in detail.

You can even try this out.Just go to your wireless router and check whether you can see your iPod touch connected and to check if its actually connected re-enter the password which is basically 26 character long that is set in the router.Sometimes it appears to be connected but it is actually not.You can just give it a try and it might solve your problem.You can even try restoring your iPod touch as well.I think one of them should actually work for you.

I am facing the exact problem since yesterday and have almost tried all the way out but nothing seems to be working with me,I have already tried resetting the router settings but it did not helped me,later i erased every thing and then switched to Factory Settings as well and then tried connecting it to iTunes of my PC during which the Wi-Fi connection came up easily with its icon but later when I tried the net connection with my iPod which was still connected to the computer with iTunes still running it was not able to connect to the net.Is there any other solution to get it solved?

Even i was facing the same problem quite a few days ago but i was able to solve it out by trying out the following.Firstly i restored the network setting of my phone and later i erased the entire content and then i went for factory setting and finally synchronizing mu phone with the help of laptop i was later out of the problem this solution actually worked out for me and hope it works out for you all as well.I think the problem was because of using the iPod at different locations because of which the DNS settings getting overloaded.

I am also facing the same problem and i am able ti use the WEP security setting but than it also says that the Safari cannot find the page and i face this problem only on my network but when i have tried using different DNS then it works fine for sometime and sometimes it fails to load a page,I have even tried changing the DNS bit even after changing it,it works in the same manner.I don't know what is the main issue yet.Any suggestion will be appreciated.