Thread: Need advice on buying new tablet

Need advice on buying new tablet

I need something i be able to make use of while roaming for reading, surfing, movies, and listening to audio books with. I do not actually know much about my option out there.

Battery life is important obviously but not as important as the unit need not be charge via the USB port, it can have a Separate Power plug but it should be able to charge if I plug it into a USB power supply.

I do not be acquainted with if this is an alternative on Even Any tablets or not But I'd like to Be Able not connect an external hard drive by means of USB if I cannot That's OK But I'd like they Have a Tablet at Least 4 gigabytes (8 + Would Be Better) on board and it Has to Be expandable with SD cards .

Re: Need advice on buying new tablet

Is the Ipad actually the closest I can get to what I'm looking for? The keyboard functionality is excellent but like I said not 100% necessary and with the extra cost ,using ITunes I'm not convinced if that would be the accurate choice.

The motive I'd like it to be able to charge commencing the usb port is that I have a couple dissimilar usb battery powered chargers that I'm hoping to make use of extended battery life.

In view of the fact that we can set stuff on DROPBOX it's incredible we don't miss. I’m hesitant what subject there is through iTunes. Here it works fine. By no means give me any trouble. If we dismiss the iPad and it's extremely pleasant keyboard, the Samsung 7 inch android is an extremely pleasant unit and might be had for your price. Let me warn you about Android contemptible tablets. You'll be distress if the Android tablet does not have the following.

• Android market.
    • Wifi and Bluetooth.
    • The accelerometer.
    • Front facing camera and mic
    • Multi touch screen

So in fact doing some investigate I believe I may need to rebudget a bit to acquire one I'll be actually happy .nevertheless I think I have establish one that meets the spirit of my necessities if not the letter so unless anybody has had any terrible experience with it that I haven't establish yet I believe I'm going to go with the Toshiba Thrive

10.1 inch screen is a slight better than I thoughts if they finished a 7 inch version of the thrive I'd be all over it but that’s still not too awful. I like the rubberized backing on the thrive it feels rough and the texture will help to keep it from getting dropped

Here is the main cause (along with the consumable battery) it has a full sized SD card port and a filled usb 2.0 port that can read flash/external HDs. I know programs like drop box are immense however from time to time your (or at least I'm) out of wifi range and I can't afford a monthly charge for 3g service.