Thread: from where to get sata drivers for Compaq Presario CQ71-412EO

from where to get sata drivers for Compaq Presario CQ71-412EO

Hello friends I have recently formatted my hard drive and after that u have decided to install the windows XP operating system in my Compaq Presario CQ71-412EO and after that when I try to install the windows XP at that time I get bluescreen. Now after that I came to know that I have to put SATA into compatibility mode and after that I have when I tried to switch from SATA to IDE at that time I didn’t get any option to do this. I have searched on the internet and I have read somewhere that I have to install the SATA drivers. please tell me how to fix this issue and where to get SATA drivers?

Re: from where to get sata drivers for Compaq Presario CQ71-412EO

you can download the SATA drivers from the inter official website and after that you have to select the chipset and after that you have to download the SATA drivers or you can also search it on the internet and download it. after downloading the drivers you will not get any problem.

I have read you problem and as you have said that you are facing problem with your laptop and that is why I would like to tell you that you should follow this steps to solve this problem.

• first you have to download the nLite software from the internet.
    • After downloading the nLite software you have to start the nLite software and after that you have to insert the windows Xp CD in your laptop.
    • After that you have to select the make image option.
    • after doing that you have to click on the next.
    • after that you have to select the you will see the drivers tan and there you have to provide the location of the SATA drivers which you have downloaded.
    • you have to also check the bootable option from there.
    • after that you have to burn the ISO file or burn it in o the CD .

after doing that you have to try to install the windows Xp in to your laptop and afetrt hat check whether you are able to install it or not. I think after that you will not get any problem while installing the windows Xp because SATA drivers are integrated with the CD.

yes nLite software is very nice software is very nice software. I was also getting the same problem with my system and after that I have searched on the internet and then I have come to know about that software and with the help of that I have burn the CD and then my problem get solved.

Thank you for helping me after doing all the steps which you have mentioned I have successfully installed windows XP in my laptop and after that my problem gets solved. Now I am facing some issues with windows XP. Whenever I try to connect the internet at that time it didn’t get connected. is there anything wrong with my laptop or problem is with my modem?

if anyone is having solution then let me know .

as you have said that you are not able to connect internet from your laptop that is why I will first suggest you that check whether you have connected your laptop with your modem properly or not. Disconnect all the wires from the modem and after that connect vit gain properly and then check whether you are able to connect the internet or not.

you have to also check that whether you have installed the necessary drivers or not. Some time if the drivers is not installed then also this type of problem can take place.

right click on the local area connection icon on the task bar and after that you have to repair and after that it will check the for problem and fix the problem also and then your problem will get solved.

If after trying above solution also if the same problem is coming then you have to reset the modem and after that your problem will be fixed. to reset the modem you have to first turn on the modem and after that you have to press the reset button which you will find at the back of the modem and after that modem will restart after resetting the modem you have to check whether problem get solved or not.

I have tried your given solution and after that by resetting the modem my problem get solved. first I thought the problem is with laptop and I have reinstalled the drivers but that didn’t worked and then I have reset the modem which fix the problem. Thank you for helping me.