Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to master reset dell streak 7 tablet

Portable Devices

Old 15-09-2011

How to master reset dell streak 7 tablet

I want some help to reset Dell Streak 7 tablet. The tablet is working very slow. The web browser and other various apps take long time to open up. I thought this tablet will be good in terms of performance but it is really slow. It is not giving me the kind of output I am looking for. That is why I want to reset it. There are chances that some game that I had installed are causing the issue. Is there a way through which I can install a custom rom in that. I hope resetting will help.

Old 15-09-2011

Re: How to master reset dell streak 7 tablet

Did you tried factory reset. That would also help. For that first backup your data. Because factory reset will restore all old settings back. You can run that through Settings. Just go in that and then click on Privacy. Then click on Factory Data Reset. Click on that and Reset the tablet. That's it. The settings will be restored and done. Once done check the tablet performance. Install only required applications in your system. Do not overload with games and unwanted stuff.
Old 15-09-2011

Re: How to master reset dell streak 7 tablet

There is a method available through which you can boot the tablet in safe mode. Through which a number of background applications will be stopped. You just have to start the tablet once in safe mode and then restart it back in the regular mode. That will be enough to fix the issue. You have to get rid of applications which you are not using. Just boot in safe mode and see the performance. If the tablet is working fine then it means there are some apps in it causing performance problem.
Old 16-09-2011

There is a master restore option available. Through which you can completely restore the tablet to its original state. Fortunately this type of tablets comes with a emergency recovery option. Turn off the tablet first. Then hold the volume up + power button together. Factory restore will start. The tablet will restored to its original state with default settings. Just run that and check whether the tablet is working fine or not.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,