Thread: How to Search contacts by company name in Motorola Photon 4G

How to Search contacts by company name in Motorola Photon 4G

There are more than a few entry's in my Motorola Photon 4G phone contacts where they encompass no first otherwise last name and simply and organization name. The name comes within my contact catalog on my phone, though, while I search intended for these contacts, moreover through the search function within the contacts app, otherwise the search glass inside the underneath right corner, I do not obtain these contacts within my search query. Is there any way to solve this problem?

Re: How to Search contacts by company name in Motorola Photon 4G

I work exclusively with Google contacts. The search contacts app is just something in the name, the Google search finds everything in the other fields, so firm, location, etc.

If you only name by entering the name of the company, I know, only in the notes do not create, then you could ever find them using the company name.

You want my advice?

System fairly well in touch with first and last name (it will be even easier to sync with facebook), then creates a specific group of contacts. For example: you have 5 contacts, all working to a climax? Remove the word from their name, creates a group called "ACME" and select those 5 elements. In this way they will be either on a normal in that group, and it will be easy for you to locate them and possibly even contact them all at once..

I found an app that calls itself aContacts. The reviews are not bad and I'll test it now. Furthermore for your issue you can create an extra folder listing of the contacts by company. It is very useful if you use it for business. Let's see how it goes in service.....

Always consider the names you added in Google Contacts are "English" and by that I mean that if you put both names and name someone considered the first name is his middle name, and middle name his real name (and show a little soul contact, showing only real name and last name of person).

If you merge contacts, either because they use Google or social network synchronization, display the name "bottom" alphabetically.

If you join two errors with the contacts imported from Facebook / Twitter fields are not editable, it leaves an agenda sometimes made chrome

It should suffice to use the widget "Search", in theory makes the search for text in their entire phone, including contacts and calendar. Try that.

I guess it depends on how the contact is composed. I have such a contact in which the company name comes from facebook, this is not actually found on the search. So I would imagine that it entails.

If your menus are different, I apologize--I am working on a Motorola phone, but not a Photon....At what time you do a universal venture (not while in the contacts applications), does your quest appear with a blue, lower case cursive "g") in the upper other side hand corner of your screen? Is there a little bolt beneath the "g?" Press the "g" and see what parts the universal hunt is situated to look in. There could additionally be a SETTINGS symbol in the drop down menu as of right now which when pressed will post your universal venture choices for example net, applications, contact quest, news, and whatnot.

See if contact venture has a check stamp following to it....which could mean that contacts could be combined in the universal venture.

Since your menus are diverse, I apologize--I am finishing up a Motorola telephone, but not a Photon....

One of the notable advantages of Android is to be permanently connected to the internet and how could it be otherwise, all services that Google makes available.

As you will know all the contacts we have in our mobile are in constant sync with Google Contacts service of which all have in Gmail. The same happens with / calendars, everything is in sync with Google Calendars.

On the agenda for our Android we can establish that only shows us a group so that by selecting my contacts and all contacts, we are discriminating against all those. Google tends to keep addresses, all you have to do is to eliminate the group my contacts that have "passed". It is very easy to do, just go into contacts and choose to display the menu groups in the next window you will choose the group you want to show, as it comes out in the attached image.

One of the notable advantages of Android is to be permanently connected to the internet and how could it be otherwise, all services that Google makes available. As you will know all the contacts we have in our mobile are in constant sync with Google Contacts service of which all have in Gmail. The same happens with / calendars, everything is in sync with Google Calendars.

Many people I know you are not taking advantage of this situation because they know the potential is so great that this sync with the cloud, we do not have to be alert to back up our contacts, or lose all if you do not keep in Mobile sim and change.