Thread: After connecting to Wi-Fi, unable to reconnect 4G until I reboot my Motorola Photon 4G

After connecting to Wi-Fi, unable to reconnect 4G until I reboot my Motorola Photon 4G

It’s just my second day of having Motorola Photon 4G and today I experienced an odd bug in my Motorola Photon 4G. I disabled 4G and then I connected to Wi-Fi and that disconnected all cell data. I used Wi-Fi whole day and then when in evening when I wanted to turn 4G on then it would not reactivate. When I was clicking enable 4G on its setting page, then it would just turn the box gray for some moment and then the 4G stays off. I was tried doing this many times and then I finally rebooted my phone, and after that 4G started working immediately. I couldn’t understand why it was not turning on before I rebooted it.

Re: After connecting to Wi-Fi, unable to reconnect 4G until I reboot my Motorola Photon 4G

Yesterday I used 3G all day and after that today, I didn’t got any problem in switching back to 4G. But, I will check using Wi-Fi and then I will see if I get any difficulty in turning 4g on.

Re: After connecting to Wi-Fi, unable to reconnect 4G until I reboot my Motorola Photon 4G

You don’t have to be worried as this is not consistently reproducible and therefore you will not get this problem again and again. I switched between Wi-Fi and 4G many times and I never faced any difficulty while doing that. I was able to turn on 4G without any problem. However, if you get this problem anytime in future then just do what you did this time, just reboot it for once. But, if you get this bug consistently then I think it will be a serious problem.

I turned on 4G many times after using Wi-Fi, and I also did it in just one attempt. I will suggest you here that if you get this problem again then just check that where you are in a strong 4g area or not and if you are not then try turning 4g on when you are in a strong 4g area.

I have a strong 4g area inside my home also but, I don’t think that should make any difference because I was not on the step where I scan for 4g networks, I was on the turn on 4G radio step. And there it should just turn on the reception of 4G signals. Though, I also believe that it will not happen again and again, because after that incident when I again turned to Wi-Fi and then I tried to turn on 4G and I turned on easily and I didn’t needed to reboot it.

If unfortunately you encounter in this situation again then I will suggest you to go in the wireless menu and then scan and after completing that tell us what you get to see on your display screen. It will be better if you will download alogcat which you can get from android market and take logs and then provide that to us. Then it would be easier for us to understand the reason behind this problem.

Here, I got the same issue with my Motorola Photon 4G. I know I don’t need to be in a strong 4G area to turn on 4G but to make sure, I was in a strong 4G area, but I was not able to start 4G anywhere. It just refused to start up 4G entirely. When I saw this thread then I tried rebooting my phone and after that 4G started again. I am really very happy now, but I am really afraid if I will have to reboot my phone every time when I turn on 4G, because I will have to switch between Wi-Fi, 4g, 3g networks a lot.

I am having this issue from last 4 days and from then I am getting this issue every day. I have to switch between 3G and 4G everyday because I work in a 3g area and stay in a 4g area. I face this problem every day. I hope that any of you knows how to fix it. When I chose Airplane mode and then switched back to normal mode then I was able to turn on 4G. So, in my case I just didn’t needed to reboot my phone but I needed to switch to Airplane mode.

I will suggest you to try using 4g refresh toggle widget and after that reply here whatever you get after that.

When I got this problem second time I contacted with sprint they told me to go to the store for troubleshooting because I told them that no factory reset procedure fixed this problem. I just wish there is something which I can try so that I don’t have to go the store. And I want to add here that, when 4g toggle will not enable, then you will not be able to activate re-scan toggle, because it will be grayed out. My spouse is also having the same issue and I found that recent OTA update was not helpful at all, so if anyone has any solution for this then please reply.